Hiring a bike/qaud abroad with a CBT

Talk about anything bike related.
connorjardine
Reactions:
Hiring a bike/qaud abroad with a CBT

Post by connorjardine » 09 Jun 2015, 16:19

Okay so just a quick one thinking about going away, can you hire a 125 or below bike or qaud using a CBT ?? It's Crete I'm planning on going to.

Thanks in advance.

Baldrick
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Hiring a bike/qaud abroad with a CBT

Post by Baldrick » 09 Jun 2015, 16:39

You can in Tenerife, not sure about Crete but you should be able to find out easily enough from the travel agent.

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 09 Jun 2015, 16:50

Sweet I'll give one a ring, in stating in my mates house over there so im not too sure and hes only ever done it when he had a full driving licence

RockSteady
Reactions:

Post by RockSteady » 11 Jun 2015, 17:22

google it .should bring the hire places up.ive just done it for kos for next month so i can get a quad for a cple of days to explore the island on

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 11 Jun 2015, 23:32

I hired a car in Kavos about 3-4 years ago when totally wasted on my passport as i'd given some random lass my license in the uk the night before (also steaming drunk)
Crashed said car (not my fault) got rear ended by some 18yr old non driver in a beach buggy.

The guy in the rental wasn't arsed, no one hurt.... No harm done

Bit in all seriousness, go with a reputable company, check trip advisor, ask your hotel and make sure you have insurance through them, have their Number incase of a break down, have an english map, remember to ride on tuther side of the road, wear a lid FFS! And don't let the attendant at the petrol station fill your quad as they often charge for fuel that hasn't gone in your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connorjardine
Reactions:

Post by connorjardine » 13 Jun 2015, 14:40

Thanks for the replies, my mate has a house over there so he knows the place very well and has many friends over there. I've seen a place that does a little rs125 if I can I'm getting that haha :)

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 16 Jun 2015, 06:06

Just a quick note. Check your travel insurance as most are voided if your hiring a bike.

posted by flying monkeys

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 17 Jun 2015, 18:48

I have been able to hire bikes in the past on my provisional and no cbt in greece before now. However i think laws are tighter because next yr I will need a full licence in fuertoventura in order to hire a bike. So would be best to check on current laws maybe?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk