new bike finance question.

Talk about anything bike related.
Dave
Reactions:
Re: new bike finance question.

Post by Dave » 22 May 2015, 15:44

the std deposit lee is normally 10%. then the balance over 36 or 48 mths depending on the loan co. then a ballon payment ,

it works similar to this , the greater the deposit , the less the ballon …….the payments stay similar , so…..if your keeping the machine the big deposit is an advantage come 48 mths time .If your handing back or part ex-ing the machine. a smaller deposit is normally better …

If you are thinking of keeping the machine high st bank loan or a tesco loan is a lot lower in the APR stakes so gives you more power on a discount. a salesman makes most of his commission using a finance plan
:

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 22 May 2015, 16:13

I know all about how they work.
Have had plenty of finance over the years.
I was just looking to see if anyone had ever say whacked 50% down then had tiny payments till the balloon.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 23 May 2015, 06:02

Half glass empty, if you go for a minimal deposit and something happened to the bike, stolen maybe, then as I understand it the, the insurance have to cover the debt on it.

On this kinda finance, is there a mileage limit?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 23 May 2015, 12:39

Not unless you take out gap cover.
If I buy a £10k bike and only put say £99 down and it goes missing then all I get is market value.
If I owe more then Im stuck paying off the rest.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 23 May 2015, 12:41

On pcp (balloon payment) there is a mileage limit.
But you decide it. This then helps work out its guaranteed future value which is the figure they use for the balloon payment.

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 23 May 2015, 22:02

So what you actually thinking of buying Lee ?
:

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 23 May 2015, 22:39

Just had that "hmmmm, fancy a change" feeling.

But think im gonna keep hold of the ktm till next year at least.

The yammy tracer was top of the wish list.
Gonna get a test ride sorted soon.

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 24 May 2015, 08:40

do it while you can mate ..you never know what lies ahead ….you can also buy second hand now on PCP deals think it has to be no more than 24 months old ..you can get some good deals here ..A low mileage 12 month bike in min contd ,will have loss its first year depreciation, so some big savings can be had

Just read the terms and conditions of the PCP plan in full ….we had a BMW GSA guy buy one so he could ride to the road of bones ( where ever the is ) and was going to be away for 3 months …..the BMW PCP does not allow any bike out of the country of sale.. for more than 30 days !! for most that is fine ,,,but these adventure guys didn't know that
: