Re: Best Place for helmets

Post by Jazzi » 20 May 2015, 16:18

Another one for Lids Direct

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 20 May 2015, 18:35

stewslash wrote:And boom goes the local bike shop!

...what local bike shop....? !

stewslash
Reactions:

Post by stewslash » 20 May 2015, 18:47

Soviet wrote:

exactly

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 20 May 2015, 19:48

If you look on line for a helmet and get a good price you can often find that Shorrocks just outside Preston will match the price after giving you a chance to try the helmet on for fit.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 May 2015, 00:04

Dave wrote:Its all very well buying helmets on line if you know the exact model and size required .

Depending on what your after , the rocket in Blackburn and Shorrocks near Preston are 5 star Arai Dealers. If you thinking of changing brand its best to try on the lids for fit. a Medium Arai, is not the same as a medium Shoei, they will feel completely different .

but then I'm sure you knew all that anyway !!!
+1 for The Rocket Centre. Just splashed out on 3 new KGV helmets, bargains really with built in sun visors and Black visors included.

Dai version
Reactions:

Post by Dai version » 21 May 2015, 06:08

Dave wrote:Its all very well buying helmets on line if you know the exact model and size required .

Depending on what your after , the rocket in Blackburn and Shorrocks near Preston are 5 star Arai Dealers. If you thinking of changing brand its best to try on the lids for fit. a Medium Arai, is not the same as a medium Shoei, they will feel completely different .

A lid is a lid is a helmet , but as Dave says each is slightly different. If I'm putting my trust and brain-case in one, I definitely want one that I've tried on and know fits ... Whatever the make/model.
Rocket centre, shorrocks or J&S ?

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 21 May 2015, 06:51

rumpoldstilskin wrote:

+1 for The Rocket Centre. Just splashed out on 3 new KGV helmets, bargains really with built in sun visors and Black visors included.
Rump why do you need three lids ????
Whats the score now with black visors ? they used to be so hard to get hold off and were illegal to sell For road use unless they came from Off shore suppliers like the one on the channel islands …..I know you can get them online easy enough , didn't know they were now over the counter items
:

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 21 May 2015, 09:58

stewslash wrote:
Soviet wrote:

exactly

....I know ....although the bigger stores are trying to get more 'local' as biking bounces back ( J&S, Get Geared, Rocket as mentioned ) - they will try and price match - the smaller independent stores seem to focus on the cheap end of gear ( scoots and smaller capacity bikes ?) - not enough friendly local shops although I have my MOTs at Speedwells in Radcliffe who are a great traditional shop - no good for lids though....