Tonka
Account Deactivated By User Request
Reactions:
Advice needed

Post by Tonka » 07 May 2015, 00:18

Long story short

Bought a new bike from Wigan Yamaha second new bike that I've bought from them

Heads up to all who have bought a new bike from wigan yamaha lately

Check if you have a v5 as they didn't register my bike with the dvla so,from December I've been riding around on an un registered bike for almost 6 months which I've paid road for and been paying insurance for

Unbelievable unsure if I can claim my tax back

Wigan Yamaha I've bought two bikes from them

First bike was a new r1 which needed a new akrapovic exhaust due to a mechanic braking the carbon on one of slip on end cans trying to remove a rounded off bolt on the baffle

Second bike didn't even bother to register it

The bike shop have now sent a v55 form to the dvla to register my reg plate to my bike which I'm getting rid of

il never deal with Wigan again

Has anyone else had a nightmare with Wigan I'm after claiming my tax an insurance back can I do this ?

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Advice needed

Post by CRM » 07 May 2015, 07:29

I don't see how that works sorry.
you bought a "new" bike and it wasn't registered - so what registration plate have you been riding it on ?
If there is a plate on the bike - it's registered - no question.
just because you have not received a V5C from DVLA in your name doesn't point the finger squarely at wigan does it ?
DVLA are well known for being - well fucking shit wouldn't be too harsh.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 May 2015, 08:22

I agree with Paul on this one. If it's got a plate its registered.
Only issue could be how has it not triggered an ANPR camera?

If the registered owner isn't you then it has technically no insurance and so would trigger the ANPR cameras, which are very small generally hidden everywhere these days (noticed one outside my house, literally)

And when you bought the bike didn't you question the new keeper supplement not being handed over?

And fourthly, my cousin is the lass that works there and is very competent having worked for the KJM group for some years without a hiccup.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 07 May 2015, 14:10

These days when you buy a new bike they usually give you a list of reg numbers to choose from, presumably they got them from the DVLA, but they wouldn't know which bike they were registered to till you chose one, so I suppose in theory they could put your plate on but forget to register it, unlikely yes but not impossible.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 07 May 2015, 14:31

but that doesn't work either.
a new private plate is transferred after the initial registration then you can't just pluck a random reg out of the sky and forget to tax and register it.
once buying a new car / bike it goes through a PDI check and is entered against the manufacturers system based on chassis number and allocated reg number.
A none existent / made up reg number wouldn't tie up.

don't forget when you come to insure the vehicle, a bogus reg wouldn't show on the system as such you cant insure a none existent reg number

I suspect more of a DVLA fuckup than dealer fuckup
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 07 May 2015, 14:41

Its because of where you live.
The same sort of thing happens when one of us from wigan buys anything from MMC.
I wish we could all just learn to get along.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 07 May 2015, 14:53

I never thought about the insurance side, although last year they tried to say my bike model didn't exist so nowt would surprise me, it was just a thought about the numbers thing, I'm not sure how the system works. I didn't mean made up numbers but I think you understood my point

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 07 May 2015, 15:06

When I bought my new bike a few years back I got a choice of plates I think they buy x amount of bikes in and there partly registered the dvla no of there existents but the v5 has all the numbers on the insurance company only need to no make and model they don't care about the numbers to insure it but if u have a accident then they might check to see if it's all legitimate look at cloned vehicles they have a plate although it's not for that vehicle. The fuck up could be the shop or dvla when I got my last bike it took 6 months and a call to dvla to get the v5 through although it was all sent off properly how many of us check to make sure it's come through u put a certain amount of trust in the system

Tonka
Reactions:

Post by Tonka » 07 May 2015, 16:19

The bike wasn't registered ? The dvla said it wasn't

The bike shop didn't register the bike they said they didn't thought they had but the procedure didn't process the the details ? They made a plate up but didn't register it

They are doing so as I type ?
I insured the bike in 12-12-14 ?

Knew this post would be a waste of time

Tonka
Reactions:

Post by Tonka » 07 May 2015, 16:20

[quote="rumpoldstilskin"]I agree with Paul on this one. If it's got a plate its registered.
Only issue could be how has it not triggered an ANPR camera?

If the registered owner isn't you then it has technically no insurance and so would trigger the ANPR cameras, which are very small generally hidden everywhere these days (noticed one outside my house, literally)

And when you bought the bike didn't you question the new keeper supplement not being handed over?

And fourthly, my cousin is the lass that works there and is very competent having worked for the KJM group for some years without a hiccup.[/quote

It's not Clair is it