Advice needed

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Advice needed

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 May 2015, 21:09

CRM wrote:i was thinking that too. i know your still young and slim, but king size is the smallest bed i can get comfy in.
maybe she is just beckoning you in ;-)
haha chance would be a fine thing, my lady gets nothing until she's done her chores/house wife training. Sick of doing all the cooking, cleaning, ironing etc etc past three years. And I agree about king size, if I forked out for one I'd never get her to do anything haha.

Tonka
Account Deactivated By User Request
Reactions:

Post by Tonka » 08 May 2015, 00:31

Dave wrote:never had a problem at Wigan Yamaha , I know Rob there very well.

It seems like an error could have been made some where if you have not got the V5…..but if it is a plate and has been taxed ,it will be registered with the DVLA. it poss they might not have sent out a V5, an error down in Swansea?

your best bet is to ring the DVLA and sort it with them

have you tried popping your reg plate into one of those reg number check wbesites ? if it comes up as your model its registered ,

The bike wasn't taxed by Wigan yamy which I paid for
The bike wasn't registered by Wigan yamy
The dvla had no record of the bike nor the rev plate that Wigan made an put in the bike

Wigan yamy rang the dvla -- dvla told Wigan send a v55 form to register the bike which will be back dated to the day I bought the bike

email from Wigan Yamaha We have spoken to the DVLA and the vehicle will be taxed from 17/12/2014 on the 64 plate, therefore the £44 must still be paid to them to cover the cost of the vehicle tax from December.

Tonka
Account Deactivated By User Request
Reactions:

Post by Tonka » 08 May 2015, 00:34

I only found out about all this as I'm getting another bike the place who's buying my bike did a hpi check and found it wasn't registered

Both bikes that I've bought from Wigan Yamaha I've had issues with them both but this is unacceptable

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 08 May 2015, 08:48

from what you are saying - this is pretty unprecedented and frankly to be hit twice with the same is almost too bad to be true.
so what have wigan said in way of an apology. i would ask for all correspondence to be confirmed in writing from now on.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 08 May 2015, 09:18

Jeez ant thats shocking.

Did the insurance not flag anything?

On the plus side, think of all the speeding points you have got away with.

rjvader
Reactions:

Post by rjvader » 08 May 2015, 11:27

when i bought my cbf125 from smiths honda, they gave me a reg number to sort my insurance out...got to pick up date to be told that the dvla had already registered that plate to another bike so they had to change it, delaying pick up by a few days. luckily i wasnt charged an admin fee by the insurance with it only being a couple of days before that i insured it, but managed to score some free stuff for the delay.