Is Legal Cover on Insurance Worth the Money

Talk about anything bike related.
gingerb
Reactions:
Is Legal Cover on Insurance Worth the Money

Post by gingerb » 06 May 2015, 17:09

Renewal coming up and trying to cut the cost as much as poss so what do you think about the legal cover?? If I make a claim will I just get some jumped up claims monkey who doesn't know an exhaust from a handlebar? I'm thinking roadside recovery would be worth more to me than legal cover. :?

lee
Reactions:
Re: Is Legal Cover on Insurance Worth the Money

Post by lee » 06 May 2015, 17:35

Just renewed mine.
I always have legal protection on one insurance policy. Think its on my home ins.
Just in case I ever need a solicitor.
My mate once used it to pay for a solicitor for an employment tribuneral. Worked out well for him.

But tbh its not very necessary these days imo.

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 06 May 2015, 20:04

if its for fletchers solicitors in southport dont fucking bother!!! right set of cunts who left me high and dry after an accident that was not my fucking fault!! big hole in my leg and had to pay tro fix my bike out of my own pockets through them bastards!!

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 06 May 2015, 20:37

hmmmmm, interesting subject…if you take legal protection you are forced to use to company they put you with . for that reason i would not take it . You can then pick and choose who might be best for you . Most legals do a no win no fee so why pay the additional cost onto your premium ?

as for breakdown cover , read the policy carefully , is it a get you home policy ? or just a road side fix ? if it can't be fixed road side will they bring the bike home or take the nearest garage ? and how do you get home ? ask lots of questions .Its also worth getting a quote from a free lance firm like Green flag or the RAC to see if the insurance premium fee is higher than those .
:

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 06 May 2015, 21:53

No win no fee is all well and good until you get court costs awarded against you which aren't covered = big bill
I think MoneySavingExpert recommend you take the legal cover if available...

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/public ... eport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Soviet on 06 May 2015, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Alb26
Reactions:

Post by Alb26 » 06 May 2015, 22:36

Well this cover is always good .. although when you purchase it it might not seem so .. imagine if you potted someone and they took you all the way through the courts for civil injury damages .. kid runs out behind a parked car ??? . it could happen on a fast motorcycle .. and guess what ..someone says you were speeding .. who's to say ?. the truth whats the evidence ?? ... its not your fault ... oo err argh .. .. how much premium are we talking about here.. ???? go for it m8tey . let your brief have the last say.. you can sleep on that pillow every night and let the world go by .. Its a
simplistic view but .. well ..!!!

Goody
Reactions:

Post by Goody » 07 May 2015, 01:58

I always went for the cover then when I needed it it wasn't worth the paper it was written on,the appointed solicitor wasn't worth anything,never take it now too much competion from other companies that will probably get better results or in my case certainly not worse

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 May 2015, 08:25

In my honest opinion yes, yes it it.

It's legal cover/protection. Not as thought by many 'legal bike cover'.

Ergo- it can be used to settle a dispute with a shop regarding them not honouring a guarantee, an argument with a neighbour over the boundaries of your garden, house sales etc etc etc

I had an accident at work and my legal cover sorted it, top service and we've paid for it so use it, for everything :)

gingerb
Reactions:

Post by gingerb » 07 May 2015, 08:58

Thanks guys, although I'm still undecided but erring on the take it side - the quote for renewal from who I with isn't too bad at around £150 but I've got a few days so might do some comparing :D

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 07 May 2015, 17:06

Ginger…..most defo do some comparison.NEVER take the renewal….and even if you dont find a cheaper premium , ring your insurance telling them you have and ask them to complete with the "new" price you have ….they will if its within reason
: