starter bike for kids

Talk about anything bike related.
stewslash
Reactions:
Re: starter bike for kids

Post by stewslash » 05 May 2015, 16:52

lee wrote:
stewslash wrote:Beware ! , you will get pestered to take them out in it every sunny weekend Image
My lad has had two stomp pit bikes , yes they are Chinese but are the leaders on the pit bike scene , he started on a 125 then upgraded to a 140
Everything is so cheap for them it's unreal and they do a 50 rev n go starter bike brand new £550
Are they reliable?

yes my lads have both been great they are 4 strokes so no messing about with them
his 1st was 2nd hand about 3 years old no probs only sold it for the bigger framed/ engined 140 version

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 05 May 2015, 16:55

stewslash wrote:
lee wrote:
stewslash wrote:Beware ! , you will get pestered to take them out in it every sunny weekend Image
My lad has had two stomp pit bikes , yes they are Chinese but are the leaders on the pit bike scene , he started on a 125 then upgraded to a 140
Everything is so cheap for them it's unreal and they do a 50 rev n go starter bike brand new £550
Are they reliable?

yes my lads have both been great they are 4 strokes so no messing about with them
his 1st was 2nd hand about 3 years old no probs only sold it for the bigger framed/ engined 140 version
Think the 125 may be too quick. My eldest daughter is only 7.
Not seen any 50cc ones second hand.

Thanks mate

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 05 May 2015, 17:38

buy a pw50 new, when he's grown out of it and you need to sell it you'll discover the benefit of them holding their price. we got one for out lad and part chopped it back at bill smiths against a pw80 that was about 18 months old and in pretty much mint condition, think we lost a couple of hundred on the 50. when we sold the 80 we lost about the same. never had anything brake on either bike, always started every time.

buying cheap is false economy.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 05 May 2015, 17:45

bloke wrote:buy a pw50 new, when he's grown out of it and you need to sell it you'll discover the benefit of them holding their price. we got one for out lad and part chopped it back at bill smiths against a pw80 that was about 18 months old and in pretty much mint condition, think we lost a couple of hundred on the 50. when we sold the 80 we lost about the same. never had anything brake on either bike, always started every time.

buying cheap is false economy.
How sexist!
(Its for a she).

Lol.

Cant afford new but I think if I buy a decent used pw I'll pretty much get my money back

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 05 May 2015, 17:52

i remember an old bike i had 50cc rev n rip going back 20 years lol italjet 50cc, never broke down once rode it like a nutter until i hit one of those old railway fences with the wire. caught wire in between front brake lever and throttle needless to say bike slid a few meters hit a post and bent the forks.