insurance is such a rip off....

Talk about anything bike related.
Baldrick
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: insurance is such a rip off....

Post by Baldrick » 05 May 2015, 20:40

Never ever just let your insurance renew itself, I had my renewal quote through for the car last month, £325 fc with LV,(do nothing and it will automatically renew itself) so I went on the meercat thingy and entered my details, cheapest quote was £290, with LV :evil: :twisted:
The ripping off twats, I phoned them and kicked off but they said it was a special "online" quote and they couldn't give it me over the phone, so I had to go through the comparison sight to get the £290 insurance, mind you, I also got a baby Oleg, so it was all good in the end.

Insurance companies are piss takers.

Daveace22
Reactions:

Post by Daveace22 » 05 May 2015, 20:45

Insurance renewals are always dearer. They rely on you being lazy enough not to hit a couple of buttons on the comparison websites for the sake of saving £50

I compare every year for every policy hence the reason I own every meerkat plus spares lol

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 05 May 2015, 21:02

I'm still waiting on my Churchill dog

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 05 May 2015, 21:17

i would never use a comparison site that gives you a free toy!! the quotes are dearer than those that dont last year i checked on meercats and it was a 1000+ with an accident claim so i used mcn they quoted 174!!! i thought stuff the fucking toy i could buy a family of real meercats for the difference..

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 05 May 2015, 22:46

Dooffle wrote:I think it's very kind of the youngsters to subsidise our insurance costs. :D
+1 lol

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Brashy
Reactions:

Post by Brashy » 07 May 2015, 11:15

mine was £3 cheaper but they explained the reasons for me. They have a set allowance for age and NCB. I am at the lowest renge they can offer for a 30 year old with 5 years NCB, when I turn 31 I will move into the next slot and can move into another range and will be able to go lower. makes sense to me really and £100 for a fully comp policy with all the trimmings is a bargain IMO considering I was paying over 2 grand on my car 2 years ago after an incident involving me speeding with a trailer attached on a motorway...in the wrong lane.. :s... and I have 3 points again. all mods declared too including teh ones I have planned as it wont be ridden until they are fitted.