Insurance multi bike,

Talk about anything bike related.
Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Insurance multi bike,

Post by Pacuk » 01 May 2015, 13:45

Are there any comparison sites that allow you get quotes for more than one bike.. Either that or any recommendations who's good to try.. Just got my renewal through and its a piss take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Insurance multi bike,

Post by CRM » 01 May 2015, 14:41

yes this is something i am quite well versed with over the years.
welcome to PM me if you like, but in short depends on how many bikes / types of bikes.
if you have 2 or 3 then try esure if they are modern sportsbikes.
upto 5 then bikesure can tailor a policy to suit as can carole nash.
if there is a classic bike then again the above 2 are ok but give peter james a try.
peter james are an old school type broker, ie pick up the phone and talk to them and only work between 9 - 5.

i have used them all over the years, multi bike policy's are fine up to 5 bikes, after that it becomes a bit of a minefield and messy.
get beyond 10 and a classic or some seriously high value bikes and its bloody hard work.

I have used peter james for around 4 years now. i got fed up with inflated "roll over and renew" prices from the others or lack of flexibility as most of my bikes are old and grey imports.
adding and removing bikes was no problem, no daft admin fee's (25 quid per £2000 of value added to the policy i seem to recall) and good personal service with agreed values on the higher risk and value bikes like the RC30 or 350 desmo.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 01 May 2015, 14:59

Another shout for bikesure.
I had a policy with them and they were great.
And they paid out full market value with no messing when one of the bikes got nicked.

Just check though what the costs are compared to starting a new policy.
Its was actually cheaper for me to get the second bike on its own policy recently (even with the zero ncd you will have to start with).

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Insurance multi bike,

Post by Pacuk » 01 May 2015, 15:06

It's my zx6 and an old er500 that I use for work.. I will try bikesure when I get home cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 01 May 2015, 23:06

Was cheaper for me to start a new policy with zero no claims than to change to a multibike policy with my current insurer when I bought the TRX

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 01 May 2015, 23:15

I have found it difficult to get a multi bike policy that had riding of other bikes. There fore I have 3 on one policy and a fourth on a second policy with said extra. Dozen no claims on one policy and a score on the other, it's cheap enough.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 02 May 2015, 13:42

Carroll Nash are ok but insist on your first born if you want to change the policy.

posted by flying monkeys

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 04 May 2015, 18:54

Plus one for both Bikesure & Carol Nash, buy a bike 10 years or more and get it on a future classic policy, you'll probably struggle to pay more than £100