upright bars on the blade

Talk about anything bike related.
mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:
upright bars on the blade

Post by mozzersaints » 17 Apr 2015, 11:25

Well im thinking of putting bars on the blade instead of clipons, iv found a company that do a conversion, has anyone done this? The conversion allows the fairing to remain intact but i would have to trim the screen a little(and by which i mean carl) it would mean i could keep a fully faired sports bike and the comfort of a sports tourer. My question is has anyone done it?

Before anyone says buy a sit up i dont want to, it would mean selling the blade,then having to put some.more money to it for a bike im finding less and less time to ride so has anyone done it? Advice on how good or bad it was if you have done it would be awsum
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

Woody
VIP
Reactions:
Re: upright bars on the blade

Post by Woody » 17 Apr 2015, 11:37

Hi Mozz

I fitted a CNC top yoke and renthal bars to one of my SV's, did you ever see it?

Was brilliant, only downside is that it can take a sport bike and limit how much you can push.
Current - KTM SuperDuke 1290R
Past - Tuono Factory / Fireblade 929RR / Tuono1060R / SV650s2 / SV650s1 / Fazer6

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 17 Apr 2015, 11:44

mozzersaints wrote:Well im thinking of putting bars on the blade instead of clipons, iv found a company that do a conversion, has anyone done this? The conversion allows the fairing to remain intact but i would have to trim the screen a little(and by which i mean carl) it would mean i could keep a fully faired sports bike and the comfort of a sports tourer. My question is has anyone done it?

Before anyone says buy a sit up i dont want to, it would mean selling the blade,then having to put some.more money to it for a bike im finding less and less time to ride so has anyone done it? Advice on how good or bad it was if you have done it would be awsum
Saw this conversion done to an old Fireblade (underseat exhaust model) recently at Smithy Manor bike meet a few Friday's ago.
Antzxr can confirm.
Kit consisted of all bar riser parts and hoses plus the spacers to push the screen forward so that controls don't clash with screen.
I can't recall the price of the conversion (think it was a couple hundred quid), so hopefully Ant can recall.

GixxerD
Reactions:

Post by GixxerD » 17 Apr 2015, 11:53

I did it on a gixxer 750 once, you will probably need to get new longer clutch cable, throttle cables and brake lines, then there's the electrics that will need probably need re-routing to fit the higher bars. It's easy enough to get risers and drill top yokes.

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 17 Apr 2015, 12:05

Woody wrote:Hi Mozz

I fitted a CNC top yoke and renthal bars to one of my SV's, did you ever see it?

Was brilliant, only downside is that it can take a sport bike and limit how much you can push.
To be fare woody i think i could take the bars off the 929 and still have enough for my.liking

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 17 Apr 2015, 12:07

GixxerD wrote:I did it on a gixxer 750 once, you will probably need to get new longer clutch cable, throttle cables and brake lines, then there's the electrics that will need probably need re-routing to fit the higher bars. It's easy enough to get risers and drill top yokes.
Yeah the kit iv found provides everything apart from the bars, 200quid ish.

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 17 Apr 2015, 12:09

pch1 wrote:
mozzersaints wrote:Well im thinking of putting bars on the blade instead of clipons, iv found a company that do a conversion, has anyone done this? The conversion allows the fairing to remain intact but i would have to trim the screen a little(and by which i mean carl) it would mean i could keep a fully faired sports bike and the comfort of a sports tourer. My question is has anyone done it?

Saw this conversion done to an old Fireblade (underseat exhaust model) recently at Smithy Manor bike meet a few Friday's ago.
Antzxr can confirm.
Kit consisted of all bar riser parts and hoses plus the spacers to push the screen forward so that controls don't clash with screen.
I can't recall the price of the conversion (think it was a couple hundred quid), so hopefully Ant can recall.
The one i have you have to cut the screen, i thought for 246 i get the lot apart from the bars but i was more concerned with it altering the bikes geometry

Woody
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Woody » 17 Apr 2015, 13:02

Mozz the geometry wont change however your weight will be shifted backwards so the front will feel much lighter under hard acceleration
Past - Tuono Factory / Fireblade 929RR / Tuono1060R / SV650s2 / SV650s1 / Fazer6

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 17 Apr 2015, 15:42

Woody wrote:Mozz the geometry wont change however your weight will be shifted backwards so the front will feel much lighter under hard acceleration
There is a simple mod for this.
You lean forward.

Woody
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Woody » 17 Apr 2015, 15:44

lee wrote:
Woody wrote:Mozz the geometry wont change however your weight will be shifted backwards so the front will feel much lighter under hard acceleration
There is a simple mod for this.
You lean forward.
You knob end, by the nature of bars vs clip-ons you will be more upright and therefore the weight further back...

Thats the whole point of them! :P