Is there anybody left?

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Is there anybody left?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 12 Jan 2021, 16:14

Clarkey wrote:Speaking of Harleys... Preston dealer has closed. It's a shame as there are less and less bike shops around, but I'm surprised they managed to stay open for 14 years to be honest, was a big place

https://www.lep.co.uk/business/consumer ... ed-3091575
Never would have thought that, always made quota. That said the new tarrifs imposed 2 years ago made parts 40% more expensive overnight and put used bikes up 20%. Had mine a year, did 5k on it and sold it for 1500 more than I paid new, quods in, cheers Trump Image

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 12 Jan 2021, 16:26

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Speaking of Harleys... Preston dealer has closed. It's a shame as there are less and less bike shops around, but I'm surprised they managed to stay open for 14 years to be honest, was a big place

Never would have thought that, always made quota. That said the new tarrifs imposed 2 years ago made parts 40% more expensive overnight and put used bikes up 20%. Had mine a year, did 5k on it and sold it for 1500 more than I paid new, quods in, cheers Trump Image

You must have found a rich muppet, lol.

Don't get me wrong, a bike with 5k is practically new, but who would pay MORE for that than a new one?

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 14 Jan 2021, 13:00

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

Don't get me wrong, a bike with 5k is practically new, but who would pay MORE for that than a new one?
I actually traded it in, was surprised myself. Paid off my finance and gave me 3k towards the Diavel, best bike I've ever traded. Think the price on new 48's went really high due to new import fees.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 14 Jan 2021, 16:20

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:Never would have thought that, always made quota. That said the new tarrifs imposed 2 years ago made parts 40% more expensive overnight and put used bikes up 20%. Had mine a year, did 5k on it and sold it for 1500 more than I paid new, quods in, cheers Trump Image

I actually traded it in, was surprised myself. Paid off my finance and gave me 3k towards the Diavel, best bike I've ever traded. Think the price on new 48's went really high due to new import fees.

Ah fair enough, a trade in makes sense as they've got room to play on the new bike, but glad it worked out well for you

You still got the Diavel?

pip
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pip » 22 Jan 2021, 19:18

I'm still here lurking.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 22 Jan 2021, 21:16

Im not
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 24 Jan 2021, 18:18

Me neither.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Xjr1300
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Xjr1300 » 28 Jan 2021, 09:53

Yeah I’m still here ,this year will be a decision time as to me giving up biking,or downsizing to a smaller bike ,this old age crap is getting harder to move the XJR about nowadays

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 28 Jan 2021, 12:31

Xjr1300 wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 09:53
Yeah I’m still here ,this year will be a decision time as to me giving up biking,or downsizing to a smaller bike ,this old age crap is getting harder to move the XJR about nowadays
I know that feeling mate as i have the same bike but i know i would regret selling it as iv'e now had it for 15 years but i'm now 70 years old and not getting any younger so i may not have a choice but to downsize. :(
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 30 Jan 2021, 10:41

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:You must have found a rich muppet, lol.

Ah fair enough, a trade in makes sense as they've got room to play on the new bike, but glad it worked out well for you

You still got the Diavel?
Still have the beast yeah but the battery is flat as a witches tit and the insurance ran out last night.... Not like we are going anywhere worthwhile in a hurry.
Might strip it and re-powder coat the engine and frame... Something to do