Near miss

Talk about anything bike related.
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Near miss

Post by Stumoores » 27 Jun 2019, 22:04

Coming back from Knott End towards Garstang tonight just at the end of the average speed camera section. I was approaching a right hander and could see a high top transit van emerging round the bend. Then from around the back of the van on the bend appears a bike !He shit himself anchored on and got all crossed up then dived in front of the van. I just shook my head as we passed.
Now your gonna think I’m completely bonkers but I had a premonition about 5 minutes earlier. Good road positioning and quick reactions on the brakes meant I wasn’t too bothered by it. This premonition shit has happened a few times now. Spooky !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Near miss

Post by cupidstunt » 28 Jun 2019, 21:23

That must of made your arse twitch it's bad enough when it's your own fault.
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 28 Jun 2019, 21:35

I was sort of expecting it so like I said it didn’t bother me massively, I’ll tell you what did boil my piss. 5 miles further on back on the A6, they had freshly stone chipped a good mile long stretch. My front mudguard is a close fit and it sounded like it was getting ripped apart. I opted for the near side wheel track because it had less of the loose chippings on it. We were all down to about 15mph and it was dusty and hot. On the opposite northbound side comes an 18 wheeler doing about 40mph. The resulting dust cloud and flying stone spray was fucking massive. Kings of the road strike again.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 29 Jun 2019, 18:56

Had a great one a couple of weeks back in France. I was in a hire car having an evening drive up Mont Ventoux in Provence, I came round a left hand hairpin and onto the straight, there was a fairly gentle right hand bend ahead and a biker came round over the centre of the road, headed straight for my car, I was hard over to the right so no room to move, as it happens, he just about missed me. In my mirror I saw him grab his brake and crash off the edge of the road.
I stopped and ran back to check on him expecting to see him just off the edge of the road but there was a big drop into quite dense pine trees, no sign of him so I carried on further. I got to a point where the trees ended and there was (I'd estimate) a 700ft very steep scree slope, him and the bike had somehow stopped about 60-70ft down. He hadn't moved when I got there, I shouted down to him and he started trying to get up, he gave up when he put weight on his very obviously broken leg.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I flagged somebody down who luckily had a signal on his phone and got help.
I went to the summit and on the way back down there was a group of bikers on the road, I stopped again to check on him, luckily his leg seemed to be the only serious injury, probably ruined his holiday though but it's miraculous how he stopped where he did, It's hard to imagine he'd have survived going much further down the slope, some of the boulders were pretty huge.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 30 Jun 2019, 00:02

Wow that puts my near miss to shame.