2019 Racing

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
2019 Racing

Post by Clarkey » 20 Feb 2019, 20:53

So, what series are people most looking forward to and why?

MotoGP I obviously look forward to seeing Lorenzo on the Honda, think it'll take a few races especially with his injury, but I'm hopeful. Also curious to see how the other factories have developed, and hope Yamaha have made a step

WSBK to see how the Panigale V4 does, especially with Bautista, to hopefully put up a challenge to Rea. I really like Haslam, but can't see him challenging Rea (though not sure many can at the moment, really getting the potential out of that bike)... And Sykes looks impressive in the BMW, but not clear about race pace with him or Bautista

BSB to see how Redding adapts to the BSB rules and regs with the V4, and how brooks does on that bike, as well as seeing Irwin on the Kwak that won last year

I've never followed Moto 2 because just don't have time, but knowing they're all moving to new engine means it's likely to be a good show, and would like to see Dixon do well but don't know how likely that is

Thoughts?...

Live Forever or Die Trying

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Re: 2019 Racing

Post by Stumoores » 20 Feb 2019, 21:05

Roads are the one for me, bad year for loses 2018 hope for better this year, then BSB followed by Moto series. WSBK isn’t competitive enough. JR has killed it and should have moved to MotoGP 2 years ago. My ones to watch this year are. Mick Dunlop who will be on a mission. Peter Hickman as best all rounder, Dom Herbertson, josh Daley and Sam West to all figure in the top 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 20 Feb 2019, 21:28

Stumoores wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 21:05
Roads are the one for me, bad year for loses 2018 hope for better this year, then BSB followed by Moto series. WSBK isn’t competitive enough. JR has killed it and should have moved to MotoGP 2 years ago. My ones to watch this year are. Mick Dunlop who will be on a mission. Peter Hickman as best all rounder, Dom Herbertson, josh Daley and Sam West to all figure in the top 10.
Yeah fair enough, I didn't used to follow the road racing as much, but the past few years I've got quite into it... you're right about the deaths though, It's a strange thing as we all know that's what makes it exciting, pushing so close to danger using such immense skill and bravery, but when we lose someone even being this far removed from it it really hurts... such a tragic loss. Is Hutchy racing this year? How do you think McGuiness will do on the Norton? has he got a chance of winning another big one you think?

And regarding JR, fully agree... it should have improved both series having him on a competitive bike in MotoGP. Guess we'll never know

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 20 Feb 2019, 22:01

Hutchy is a shadow of his former self, him and DAVO are riding for HRC. Top 10 at best. McPint won’t challenge Joey for wins the Norton big girl ain’t up to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 21 Feb 2019, 20:00

I think it will be a decent year.
Interested to see what the petronas team do with young talent on decent machines.
Can ktm get any better results.
Will marquez and lorenzo take each other out (please)....
I hope Bautista is a real challenge in wsbk.
Bsb should be good with redding adding some character, brookes on a top bike, currie stepping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk