Tumbleweed

Talk about anything bike related.
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Tumbleweed

Post by Stumoores » 21 Dec 2018, 23:38

Oo you beat me to it. I was just looking for a treat myself. We ain’t done too bad for a crusty relic of the inter web.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 21 Dec 2018, 23:40

Stumoores wrote:Oo you beat me to it. I was just looking for a treat myself. We ain’t done too bad for a crusty relic of the inter web.

It's a shame it's only been a handful of us, but good shout getting it going anyway.

If I get chance to log on I know for sure what bike I'd post as the climax on Christmas day

Live Forever or Die Trying

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 21 Dec 2018, 23:47

Check out this ice tyre shod Buell Image

Looking forward to your reveal on Monday if you get chance .
I’ve enjoyed it immensely too.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 22 Dec 2018, 00:14

Stumoores wrote:Check out this ice tyre shod Buell Image

Looking forward to your reveal on Monday if you get chance .
I’ve enjoyed it immensely too.

That looks like a beast... Is it weird (and perhaps gives away my age) that it reminds me of robot wars??

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 22 Dec 2018, 00:20

Yeah a bit ! I think it’s the yellow hazard tape on the fairing top,
I was looking for entries and love this guzzi it reminds me of a mangled terminator ?

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 22 Dec 2018, 00:39

Stumoores wrote:Yeah a bit ! I think it’s the yellow hazard tape on the fairing top,
I was looking for entries and love this guzzi it reminds me of a mangled terminator ?

Ha yeah, it's lovely looking at somehow sinister at the same time

Good shout on the tape, realised that's what it was now you've said it

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Dec 2018, 02:49

Is that a turbo’s guzzi setup i see?
Still fancy doing that to my CX500. Won some carbs tuther day, £23 of HM’s finest, bargain!! Just need to send off for the V5 and vow to finish a project this year.
Stu’s CX was lovely,
Probably go a very similar route now as i have the same tank, balls to the cbr1000rr front end (costly mod for no real gain in terms of performance for buck)

Probably still keep the NTV rear arm and go mono-shock though. Definitely hooping the frame as its bought n sat idle, would live to reverse the cylinders for no other reason that i fancy trying it and it’ll look cool and br a potential twat to do.

Regards to us being the only few :,( this forum used to be so cool, fat bob and like like of Antbrad etc, made me long for more bikes and for continued friendship with the likes.

I miss Lee, Ant, Cab, old racer git (mike?), daz, Paul (CRM) and other Paul old NWB owner.

Viva le revival! (Is that even correct? Haha)

Anywho, bikes wise.... something more achievable for us mere mortals and even me as the reincarnated magpie that i am......
Imagea modded CUB 90/ yes please :)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Dec 2018, 02:58

Ok ok you twisted my arm and i cannot sleep due to at least 20 pints and two T5’s- no not tying to lose weight on the staff do but yes i took them- horrendous migraine mid drinking session and no shops to but paracetamol, i am literally ALIVE with unnecessary amounts of energy hahahaha.

My god, anywho..... my most favourite bike is a 101 Indian Scout.

Why?

White T-shirt, blue jeans, old boots, rag in your back pocket and sheer mechanical noise. It has to be the epitome of motorcycling cool .

ImageImage

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 22 Dec 2018, 08:06

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Is that a turbo’s guzzi setup i see?
Still fancy doing that to my CX500. Won some carbs tuther day, £23 of HM’s finest, bargain!! Just need to send off for the V5 and vow to finish a project this year.
Stu’s CX was lovely,
Probably go a very similar route now as i have the same tank, balls to the cbr1000rr front end (costly mod for no real gain in terms of performance for buck)

Probably still keep the NTV rear arm and go mono-shock though. Definitely hooping the frame as its bought n sat idle, would live to reverse the cylinders for no other reason that i fancy trying it and it’ll look cool and br a potential twat to do.

Regards to us being the only few :,( this forum used to be so cool, fat bob and like like of Antbrad etc, made me long for more bikes and for continued friendship with the likes.

I miss Lee, Ant, Cab, old racer git (mike?), daz, Paul (CRM) and other Paul old NWB owner.

Anywho, bikes wise.... something more achievable for us mere mortals and even me as the reincarnated magpie that i am......
Ai, appreciate the posts recently, but can't argue it was good having more regulars about

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 22 Dec 2018, 13:33

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Is that a turbo’s guzzi setup i see?
Stu’s CX was lovely,

I would swap out the front end for something as the CX brakes are pants.
Got a good front and on my Deauville and a matching rear wheel. Both wheels have tyres with whiskers still on.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,