Zapp

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Zapp

Post by Clarkey » 01 Nov 2018, 08:07

What a lovely built little thing... Now I know many of you are too strong and manly to like scooters, lol, but ignore that for a second and give it a chance for what it is... upside down forks, single piece frame, single side swing arm, 20bhp, with the instant torque of an electric motor...

Unfortunately the range is only 60, and the price 5k... Doesn't make sense for that

https://zappscooter.com

Live Forever or Die Trying

jimmytanko
Reactions:
Re: Zapp

Post by jimmytanko » 01 Nov 2018, 20:08

I'm a big fan of scooters and having just swapped from a 2l diesel alfa romeo to a Renault Zoe full Electric vehicle I've been looking at the electric bikes and scooters.
My issue with electric scooters is mainly 2 fold.
The cost to buy one. . So expensive for a small vehicle.
The cost of running one compared to a petrol one. Let's face it a 125cc scooter doesn't exactly cost much to run. So the extra cost of an electric scooter over the comparable petrol one would take much longer to claw back

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 01 Nov 2018, 20:12

jimmytanko wrote:I'm a big fan of scooters and having just swapped from a 2l diesel alfa romeo to a Renault Zoe full Electric vehicle I've been looking at the electric bikes and scooters.
My issue with electric scooters is mainly 2 fold.
The cost to buy one. . So expensive for a small vehicle.
The cost of running one compared to a petrol one. Let's face it a 125cc scooter doesn't exactly cost much to run. So the extra cost of an electric scooter over the comparable petrol one would take much longer to claw back

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
The range too, just not enough on bikes at a reasonable cost yet

We've had a leaf for nearly two years, brilliant things, don't intend to buy another petrol / diesel car, but time'll tell

Have you seen the lightning 218? Actually from a few years ago, but phroaaa. https://youtu.be/o3DiAecsh_0

As always, I'd really recommend this too http://www.e-scape.org.uk/home

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 02 Nov 2018, 12:51

Range and charge time is the Achilles heal of all electric vehicles.
5 charges to get to my mum and back.
One tank full with 150 miles to spare in the car.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 02 Nov 2018, 16:36

Cabernet wrote:Range and charge time is the Achilles heal of all electric vehicles.
5 charges to get to my mum and back.
One tank full with 150 miles to spare in the car.
Range and charge time is very much the Achilles heel at the moment in some circumstances - not having off street parking is a bigger wider issue. But for what they're capable of at the moment they're simply better... Not everything for everyone one yet though I agree