Brand Anti-Affiliation

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Brand Anti-Affiliation

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 18:10

Ok, opposite to my other thread, and this could start some amusing conversations... What bike brand that you have at least ridden would you not own and why?

Mine would be BMW - a few of the models do look ok, and I've ridden a couple and again they're ok (certainly not my favorite, but nice enough with decent finish etc), but basically far too many twats have them, lol.

Many tend to be those who get into biking later in life (which I have absolutely nothing against in itself) but have ridden nothing else and still assure you the model they've got is the best bike ever - that probably sums it up to be honest

Of course this isn't to say if you own a BMW you're a twat - it just increases the odds greatly, lol

Live Forever or Die Trying

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Brand Anti-Affiliation

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Feb 2018, 18:32

Clarkey wrote:Ok, opposite to my other thread, and this could start some amusing conversations... What bike brand that you have at least ridden would you not own and why?

Mine would be BMW - a few of the models do look ok, and I've ridden a couple and again they're ok (certainly not my favorite, but nice enough with decent finish etc), but basically far too many twats have them, lol.

Many tend to be those who get into biking later in life (which I have absolutely nothing against in itself) but have ridden nothing else and still assure you the model they've got is the best bike ever - that probably sums it up to be honest

Of course this isn't to say if you own a BMW you're a twat - it just increases the odds greatly, lol

For me its a Suzuki, like their cars they are utterly reliable as an old pair of shoes, but unlike their cars every scouser in the land has one.
Albeit scousers who too too many steroids as a youth and are now 5’9, swollen red face, hairless bonce and sporting a suzuki team fleece over their one piece leather suit due to it; A- not fitting, and B- not warm. But still... year after year they pull up in droves as a crew to the Scotch on the same blue/white latest K series GSXR600/750/1000 with no clue as to why they bought a bike in the first place as its clearly not a penis enlargement as Suzuki’s seem to shrink as the models progress....but it sounds good with a Yoshi can as they wring its neck sat still supping Carling which attracts the Jeremy Kyle type of fertile, retarded Chavesse who is longing for three kids to possibly eight different men...... she’s in luck too, there’s nine of these c*#nts in a row.

So in a nut shell- Suzuki’s

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 18:33

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Ok, opposite to my other thread, and this could start some amusing conversations... What bike brand that you have at least ridden would you not own and why?

For me its a Suzuki, like their cars they are utterly reliable as an old pair of shoes, but unlike their cars every scouser in the land has one.
Albeit scousers who too too many steroids as a youth and are now 5’9, swollen red face, hairless bonce and sporting a suzuki team fleece over their one piece leather suit due to it; A- not fitting, and B- not warm. But still... year after year they pull up in droves as a crew to the Scotch on the same blue/white latest K series GSXR600/750/1000 with no clue as to why they bought a bike in the first place as its clearly not a penis enlargement as Suzuki’s seem to shrink as the models progress....but it sounds good with a Yoshi can as they wring its neck sat still supping Carling which attracts the Jeremy Kyle type of fertile, retarded Chavesse who is longing for three kids to possibly eight different men...... she’s in luck too, there’s nine of these c*#nts in a row.

So in a nut shell- Suzuki’s
Wow, feel's like you were waiting for an opportunity to get that off your chest?? Lol

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 04 Feb 2018, 09:13

I have the same issue with suzuki.
Only really the gsxr range.
Nothing at all against the bikes.
But when you talk about your gixxer (or pronounce it jixxer) then you are part of a special group of twats.
Id quite like an 07-08 gsxr1000 (cue the “ah but the k5 / k6 is the best one” blah blah fuck off). But i dont think i could do it.
Now let me be clear.
Not every suzuki owner is like that.
But for the few that are you have ruined the brand for me!

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 04 Feb 2018, 09:26

I've got a deep-seated anti-Yamaha sentiment, particularly the Fazer. I've never owned, rode or even sat on one but (stupidly, I know) it stems from knowing a truly obnoxious stain of a human being who was around in the early days of NWB and had a yellow Fazer.

I know it's daft. I know it's stupid. But it's some kind of deep-seated association that I've just never been able to shake :lol:

Shame really as I love the look of the MT09 and MT10 but feel a little crawl of the skin when I find myself admiring them and remind myself of the anti-brand association in my head :lol:
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

Goody
Reactions:

Post by Goody » 04 Feb 2018, 12:58

Jim27 wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 09:26
I've got a deep-seated anti-Yamaha sentiment, particularly the Fazer. I've never owned, rode or even sat on one but (stupidly, I know) it stems from knowing a truly obnoxious stain of a human being who was around in the early days of NWB and had a yellow Fazer.

I know it's daft. I know it's stupid. But it's some kind of deep-seated association that I've just never been able to shake :lol:

Shame really as I love the look of the MT09 and MT10 but feel a little crawl of the skin when I find myself admiring them and remind myself of the anti-brand association in my head :lol:
if its who I think it is did he not end up buying a gixxer :lol:

Trev
Reactions:

Post by Trev » 04 Feb 2018, 16:30

I was a Suzuki fan for a few years.
Bought new a Gsxr600 k4 then 750 k5/6/7. Then a Gsxr 600k8.
Replaced that with a 2008 R1.
The K6/7 750 is still my fave bike.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 04 Feb 2018, 19:28

Going back in time the shittiest bike i ever bought was a ariel leader dont ask why i bought it it had the worst brakes ever put on a bike as i found out when i went steaming up a side street (must of been at least 20 mph) got to the junction bastard wouldn't stop and i ended up t- boneing a car most bikes of that era were poo ie c 15 tiger cub wont bore you young fkers with a long list......................Rant Over !
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

J..R
Reactions:

Post by J..R » 04 Feb 2018, 20:19

Jim27 wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 09:26

I think I may know who you mean Jim, wasn't something mentioned back then about 50p corners or even 20p corners about that user too?

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 04 Feb 2018, 22:21

Goody wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 12:58
if its who I think it is did he not end up buying a gixxer :lol:
To reinforce my opinion... yes but there was a story of backstabbing to that too. An NWB member at the time (we shall call him Mr X) had a GSXR worth £5,500. He also has a £12k Focus ST which was unfortunately stolen off his drive....

When Mr X bought the Focus it included the original first owner's main dealer purchase invoice which specified "privacy glass" as an additional (paid-for) optional extra. Mr X's insurance covered factory-fitted extras so he assumed all was fine. What he didn't realise was that the privacy glass tints were fitted by the dealer upon delivery of the car, rather than being fitted at the factory. When the car was stolen his insurer went and got the car's build sheet from Ford, saw it didn't have the tints factory-fitted and told Mr X he'd not declared an aftermarket modification so they were going to void his insurance (so no pay out for his £12k car having just been stolen). When Mr X voiced his displeasure the insurer agreed to allow the cover IF he paid the additional premium that would've been payable if the tints had been declared. They then said that they don't normally insure modified vehicles so the additional premium was a whopping £3,500. And they gave Mr X 5 days to pay it or the policy would be voided.

Mr X was facing the loss of a £12k insurance payout and wouldn't be able to arrange finance for the £3,500 in just 5 days. So he took his £5,500 to a bike dealer and asked what he'd get for it. The dealer offered, conveniently, £3,500. Mr X was gutted that he was going to lose his bike but saw no other option. He mentioned this in passing to the Fazer-riding individual who chirped up that he had cash in the bank from a car crash compensation payment and he hated the idea of Mr X losing his bike so Mr Fazer said Mr X could effectively pawn his bike for £3,500, thus allowing Mr X to then sort the insurance and once Mr X had the payout (or arranged another means of raising the money) he could just buy the GSXR back off Mr Fazer for the same £3,500.

Deal done. Mr Fazer took possession of the GSXR and rather than tucking it away safe and sound as one might expect of someone taking care of a "mate's" bike, same day Mr Fazer jumped on it and went hooning around, showing off his "new bike" to all and sundry, including (at The Scotch), Mr X (who felt understandably pretty sick about it).

Anyway, a short while later Mr X had the £3,500 and went to get his bike back. Unfortunately Mr Fazer hadn't been a very caring custodian of the GSXR. He'd set off having left a disclock on the bike so had smashed one of the front fork deflectors and dropped the bike. He'd also toppled the bike whilst stationery, both of which ended up smashing holes in and scraping the fairings and paint. Conservatively there was an easy £500+ of damage (probably closer to £1k I reckon). Unimpressed, Mr X still offered over the agreed £3,500 to take the bike back.

But no. Mr Fazer then decided he wanted more money for "his bike". Like, pretty much the full market value. What was initially offered as a loan secured against the GSXR suddenly became a full sale, and the agreement to effectively pawn the bike temporarily as security for the loan was completely denied - Mr Fazer declared that he owned the bike and he could demand whatever price he wanted to sell it....

Last I heard on the matter Mr X told Mr Fazer in no uncertain terms what he thought of him and walked away, leaving Mr Fazer with the bike. Mr X then stopped paying the monthly finance payments on the bike and notified the HP company where they could find the bike in order to repossess it.

So yeah, technically Mr Fazer "bought" a GSXR....
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.