Bike browsing

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Bike browsing

Post by Clarkey » 09 Jan 2018, 00:01

It's been a good few years since I bought a bike, and it'll be a while until I buy another unfortunately, but pretty much daily I look on eBay and bike trader...

It's like I'm hooked, can't help it, but guess I'm not the only one here doing that... Am I?

I'm hoping to get a Harley in a few years, but I look through all sorts - that photo of @Cabernet V11 Guzzi on another thread had me looking at those again today - had a soft spot since my dad had one years ago - I wouldn't buy one I don't think as I have my Aprilia which fit a similar purpose for me - but if a tidy one came up cheap it'd certainly get my brain ticking

Live Forever or Die Trying

Goody
Reactions:
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Goody » 09 Jan 2018, 01:44

I'm always looking or maybe just dreaming, will always keep the storm tho

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 09 Jan 2018, 06:49

Most V11 are starting to appreciate now. A tidy top spec original one is near 5 digits now. (cue gags)
Mine, well it ain't original, as I've been engineering out it's issues as I go, and it is a ridden rather than hidden model.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 09 Jan 2018, 22:09

Cabernet wrote:Most V11 are starting to appreciate now. A tidy top spec original one is near 5 digits now. (cue gags)
Mine, well it ain't original, as I've been engineering out it's issues as I go, and it is a ridden rather than hidden model.
Yeah, I'd like one in some ways, but for the kinda money people are asking now they'd not be at the front of the list

Live Forever or Die Trying

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 11 Jan 2018, 13:59

Join the club; I browse eBay most nights.
I have two saved searches:
The first is BMW R1100S
The second is BMW R1200S (the old model).

I believe the R1200S is a future classic, much like the Paul Smart Ducati that I should've bought at a steal when everyone else disliked them at first release - check the prices of the Paul Smart Ducat's now and you'll see what I mean (if you're lucky enough to find one advertised).