Bike browsing

Talk about anything bike related.
Post Reply
User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 695
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Bike browsing

Post by Clarkey » 09 Jan 2018, 00:01

It's been a good few years since I bought a bike, and it'll be a while until I buy another unfortunately, but pretty much daily I look on eBay and bike trader...

It's like I'm hooked, can't help it, but guess I'm not the only one here doing that... Am I?

I'm hoping to get a Harley in a few years, but I look through all sorts - that photo of @Cabernet V11 Guzzi on another thread had me looking at those again today - had a soft spot since my dad had one years ago - I wouldn't buy one I don't think as I have my Aprilia which fit a similar purpose for me - but if a tidy one came up cheap it'd certainly get my brain ticking

Live Forever or Die Trying


User avatar
Goody
Reactions:
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Apr 2015, 01:09
Location: Northwich
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Goody » 09 Jan 2018, 01:44

I'm always looking or maybe just dreaming, will always keep the storm tho

User avatar
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 2094
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 16:16
Location: Denton, E Manchester
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Cabernet » 09 Jan 2018, 06:49

Most V11 are starting to appreciate now. A tidy top spec original one is near 5 digits now. (cue gags)
Mine, well it ain't original, as I've been engineering out it's issues as I go, and it is a ridden rather than hidden model.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 695
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Clarkey » 09 Jan 2018, 22:09

Cabernet wrote:Most V11 are starting to appreciate now. A tidy top spec original one is near 5 digits now. (cue gags)
Mine, well it ain't original, as I've been engineering out it's issues as I go, and it is a ridden rather than hidden model.
Yeah, I'd like one in some ways, but for the kinda money people are asking now they'd not be at the front of the list

Live Forever or Die Trying


User avatar
pch1
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 494
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 10:45
Location: Warrington
Re: Bike browsing

Post by pch1 » 11 Jan 2018, 13:59

Join the club; I browse eBay most nights.
I have two saved searches:
The first is BMW R1100S
The second is BMW R1200S (the old model).

I believe the R1200S is a future classic, much like the Paul Smart Ducati that I should've bought at a steal when everyone else disliked them at first release - check the prices of the Paul Smart Ducat's now and you'll see what I mean (if you're lucky enough to find one advertised).
Image

User avatar
pip
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 294
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 18:18
Location: warrington
Re: Bike browsing

Post by pip » 21 Jan 2018, 17:13

same here, I get a change of bike regular, its false economy I know, just like a kid with a newish toy. must of had 12/15 in last 5 years, tourers, cruisers, sports, sports tourer, superbike, etc. the only one i wish i would of kept,was my RD400

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 695
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Clarkey » 21 Jan 2018, 17:15

pch1 wrote:Join the club; I browse eBay most nights.
I have two saved searches:
The first is BMW R1100S
The second is BMW R1200S (the old model).

I believe the R1200S is a future classic, much like the Paul Smart Ducati that I should've bought at a steal when everyone else disliked them at first release - check the prices of the Paul Smart Ducat's now and you'll see what I mean (if you're lucky enough to find one advertised).
Sorry, I saw this and meant to reply @pip's post prompted me

Saved searches are brilliant, especially if you're after something uncommon or very specific filters... Perhaps a good thing, but also could tempt you into something you otherwise wouldn't have bought!

Live Forever or Die Trying


User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 695
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Clarkey » 21 Jan 2018, 17:17

pip wrote:same here, I get a change of bike regular, its false economy I know, just like a kid with a newish toy. must of had 12/15 in last 5 years, tourers, cruisers, sports, sports tourer, superbike, etc. the only one i wish i would of kept,was my RD400
Meh - if you're getting them at the right price you can end up not losing that much -I bet plenty of people have driven a brand new car out of a showroom and lost more instantly than you've lost over a good few of them

I saw on the other thread some of your recent bikes - what are the other 10? Did you swap just for novelty or were you disappointed with some of them?

Live Forever or Die Trying


User avatar
pip
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 294
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 18:18
Location: warrington
Re: Bike browsing

Post by pip » 21 Jan 2018, 17:27

I think I just get bored easily and like a change. think I had a zzr1100 when I rode with you last with jonboy RIP.i have had two aprilias a Tuono, a mille zzr1200,zx12r. a Kawasaki 650 versys. triumph sprint, triumph ST, tiger and a sv1000 etc.
Last edited by pip on 21 Jan 2018, 17:33, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 695
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: Bike browsing

Post by Clarkey » 21 Jan 2018, 17:31

pip wrote:I think I just get bored easily and like a change. think I had a zzr1100 when I rode with you last.i have had two aprilias a Tuono, a mille zzr1200,zx12r. a Kawasaki 650 versys. triumph sprint, triumph sprint, tiger and an sv1000 etc
Well you're getting a fair idea of what you like then - quite a range of riding positions and engine power/configurations three too

Happy days!

Live Forever or Die Trying



Post Reply