Whats caught your eye for 2018?

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Whats caught your eye for 2018?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 27 Jan 2018, 00:22

Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote:240 miles to mummy's ever six weeks there abouts. EV don't work for me yet.
Ai, they're not for everyone yet, at least not those in the likely price range... A Tesla S or X would do it, but they ain't cheap (to be fair for the performance you get they're reasonable compared to ICE equivalents, but still not 'normal person' priced - if I dare describe you as that)

I'd love to have a Tesla, but will need to keep dreaming for now!

Live Forever or Die Trying
She’s actually looked at a Tesla, quite cheap to be honest when you factor in the running costs, her insurance quote was no different. Biggest outlay was the charging point but it’s added to the finance. Second hand Tesla was working out around £390 p/m with hers as a deposit, currently spending £80/100 p/m on fuel, new Tesla over 5 years was something like £700 p/m (stupid balloon at the end obv), pricey but a whole lot of car that is holding its value quite well. Too fancy for her though, she’d kerb it-i know it for sure.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 27 Jan 2018, 07:33

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote:240 miles to mummy's ever six weeks there abouts. EV don't work for me yet.
Ai, they're not for everyone yet, at least not those in the likely price range... A Tesla S or X would do it, but they ain't cheap (to be fair for the performance you get they're reasonable compared to ICE equivalents, but still not 'normal person' priced - if I dare describe you as that)

She’s actually looked at a Tesla, quite cheap to be honest when you factor in the running costs, her insurance quote was no different. Biggest outlay was the charging point but it’s added to the finance. Second hand Tesla was working out around £390 p/m with hers as a deposit, currently spending £80/100 p/m on fuel, new Tesla over 5 years was something like £700 p/m (stupid balloon at the end obv), pricey but a whole lot of car that is holding its value quite well. Too fancy for her though, she’d kerb it-i know it for sure.
That's not quite cheap, lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 27 Jan 2018, 09:09

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Ai, they're not for everyone yet, at least not those in the likely price range... A Tesla S or X would do it, but they ain't cheap (to be fair for the performance you get they're reasonable compared to ICE equivalents, but still not 'normal person' priced - if I dare describe you as that)

That's not quite cheap, lol

Cheaper than my MV which was ridden for only a year then mothballed due to it being calculated it was costing me roughly £13 a mile to ride Image

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 27 Jan 2018, 12:32

On the MV, some get a second ECU, rack the miles up on that, then switch it back when the PCP is up.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 27 Jan 2018, 20:16

Cabernet wrote:On the MV, some get a second ECU, rack the miles up on that, then switch it back when the PCP is up.
Yeah, but it's a selfish pricky thing to do - milage seriously affects aftermarket value, and gives indication of servicing points etc - you're screwing over the poor
bastard who buys the bike after you (and the one after that etc), he's paying over the odds for a bike with that milage, it's not a victimless crime

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 27 Jan 2018, 20:26

Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote:On the MV, some get a second ECU, rack the miles up on that, then switch it back when the PCP is up.
Yeah, but it's a selfish pricky thing to do - milage seriously affects aftermarket value, and gives indication of servicing points etc - you're screwing over the poor
bastard who buys the bike after you (and the one after that etc), he's paying over the odds for a bike with that milage, it's not a victimless crime

Sorry, didn't mean to shoot the messenger, lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 28 Jan 2018, 21:48

That is actually a fucking genius idea Image....... just paid the fker off though ffs, £23k in total Image worst finance deal i never signed.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 28 Jan 2018, 21:50

Mine only has 4k on it. Has spent more time being ridden to Barnsley for its services than actually riding for pleasure :/

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Jan 2018, 22:15

rumpoldstilskin wrote:£23k in total
Holy shit!

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 29 Jan 2018, 18:40

Clarkey wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:15
rumpoldstilskin wrote:£23k in total
Holy shit!

Shhhh.
It may end up cheap in comparison to the american thing he bought.
🤣