Post by rumpoldstilskin » 29 Jan 2018, 19:03

lee wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:15
rumpoldstilskin wrote:£23k in total
Holy shit!

Live Forever or Die Trying
Shhhh.
It may end up cheap in comparison to the american thing he bought.
🤣
Less of the nay saying hahaha

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Whats caught your eye for 2018?

Post by Clarkey » 29 Jan 2018, 19:22

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
lee wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:15
Holy shit!

Shhhh.
🤣
Dare I ask this, but how deep are you in the Harley at the moment? Lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 30 Jan 2018, 11:16

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
lee wrote: Shhhh.
🤣

It was only £7k new with my trade in against it. Lovely bike, definitely a keeper :)

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 30 Jan 2018, 13:00

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 11:16
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote: Less of the nay saying hahaha

It was only £7k new with my trade in against it. Lovely bike, definitely a keeper :)
Jeepers, Had my V11 14 years this May ans excluding legal essentials, I think I am only arround that threshold. Still, if you're gonna hand on to it . . . ;)
Mind you, my new aluminium tank will jack it up another £850.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 30 Jan 2018, 14:05

Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Dare I ask this, but how deep are you in the Harley at the moment? Lol

Jeepers, Had my V11 14 years this May ans excluding legal essentials, I think I am only arround that threshold. Still, if you're gonna hand on to it . . . ;)
What are you doing with the carbon tank? Or has the ethanol worms eaten too much of it?

The HD is definitely a keeper. Got a written agreement that if in 4 years my mileage is under 26k its worth just shy of 7, so adding up it’ll have lost my trade in value and thats it, the MV was £17k new and with just 4k on the clocks is now worth £7k, too steep for only 3 years old.

Next bike will probably be a used 18’ Kawasaki Z900, its a right looker but 10k for a kwak with steep depreciation (pot kettle black ad i have the MV like) is too much. Or an electric number if they come down in price.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 30 Jan 2018, 15:08

Yep the tank is plastic and it is suffering ethanol poisioning.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 30 Jan 2018, 22:03

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 14:05
Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

What are you doing with the carbon tank? Or has the ethanol worms eaten too much of it?

The HD is definitely a keeper. Got a written agreement that if in 4 years my mileage is under 26k its worth just shy of 7, so adding up it’ll have lost my trade in value and thats it, the MV was £17k new and with just 4k on the clocks is now worth £7k, too steep for only 3 years old.

Next bike will probably be a used 18’ Kawasaki Z900, its a right looker but 10k for a kwak with steep depreciation (pot kettle black ad i have the MV like) is too much. Or an electric number if they come down in price.
Not sure they depreciate any worse tbh.
Ive been looking at zzr1400’s and z1000sx.
Good deals on new ones and a 4 year old bike is losing about £3k.
Still too much for a skint cunt like me.
Be more like a 2008 to 2010 bike maybe.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 30 Jan 2018, 22:14

lee wrote:Still too much for a skint cunt like me.
Didn't know you were skint...

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 30 Jan 2018, 22:55

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

This is sensible , let another person take the year one depreciation,along with any Bike issues ,or recalls etc, then you have a great looking Bike . I reckon these bikes will worth £2000 less the minute it leaves the showroom
:

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 01 Feb 2018, 01:22

Dave wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Cabernet wrote: Jeepers, Had my V11 14 years this May ans excluding legal essentials, I think I am only arround that threshold. Still, if you're gonna hand on to it . . . ;)

This is sensible , let another person take the year one depreciation,along with any Bike issues ,or recalls etc, then you have a great looking Bike . I reckon these bikes will worth £2000 less the minute it leaves the showroom
Here’s to hoping, been that guy who loses the first 20% too many times now, was just sick of buying 2nd hand bikes with one owner passed off as pristine only to find major flaws- this is on bikes that, well at least on one occasion was only 6 weeks old, had some £5/6k engine damage!! I’d had enough and that experience has cost me dearly.

That said some of my ‘impulsive’ eBay buys have cost me a bit too, even though they have been basket cases for less than £500 haha. Still cheaper than drinking and smoking though, and there is no patch yet designed my doctor can prescribe for a serial bike buying addiction 🤣