And the winner is. . . .

Talk about anything bike related.
Post Reply
User avatar
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 1982
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 16:16
Location: Denton, E Manchester
And the winner is. . . .

Post by Cabernet » 30 Oct 2017, 20:21

Bike magazine December issue has a comparison between 'Old School Naked' bikes from BMW, Triumph, Mash, Royal Enfield and the Moto Guzzi V7III (a development of the Breva 750 which I ride).
The Guzzi came out best overall due to having "Most of the Triumph and BMW's fkexibility, practicality and refinement, the Enfield's classic appeal and heritage, and badge appeal to rival Harley.'
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 572
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: And the winner is. . . .

Post by Clarkey » 30 Oct 2017, 21:15

Cabernet wrote:Bike magazine December issue has a comparison between 'Old School Naked' bikes from BMW, Triumph, Mash, Royal Enfield and the Moto Guzzi V7III (a development of the Breva 750 which I ride).
The Guzzi came out best overall due to having "Most of the Triumph and BMW's fkexibility, practicality and refinement, the Enfield's classic appeal and heritage, and badge appeal to rival Harley.'
Most of... To rival... faint praise indeed... jack of all trades master of none?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 1982
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 16:16
Location: Denton, E Manchester
Re: And the winner is. . . .

Post by Cabernet » 30 Oct 2017, 21:22

Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote:Bike magazine December issue has a comparison between 'Old School Naked' bikes from BMW, Triumph, Mash, Royal Enfield and the Moto Guzzi V7III (a development of the Breva 750 which I ride).
The Guzzi came out best overall due to having "Most of the Triumph and BMW's fkexibility, practicality and refinement, the Enfield's classic appeal and heritage, and badge appeal to rival Harley.'
Most of... To rival... faint praise indeed... jack of all trades master of none?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
It's all in the wording. “The top all rounder", "all things to all men", would be other ways to put it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 572
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: And the winner is. . . .

Post by Clarkey » 30 Oct 2017, 21:23

Cabernet wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote:Bike magazine December issue has a comparison between 'Old School Naked' bikes from BMW, Triumph, Mash, Royal Enfield and the Moto Guzzi V7III (a development of the Breva 750 which I ride).
The Guzzi came out best overall due to having "Most of the Triumph and BMW's fkexibility, practicality and refinement, the Enfield's classic appeal and heritage, and badge appeal to rival Harley.'
Most of... To rival... faint praise indeed... jack of all trades master of none?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
It's all in the wording. “The top all rounder", "all things to all men", would be other ways to put it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Lol, was only baiting

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 1982
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 16:16
Location: Denton, E Manchester
Re: And the winner is. . . .

Post by Cabernet » 30 Oct 2017, 21:25

Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Most of... To rival... faint praise indeed... jack of all trades master of none?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
It's all in the wording. “The top all rounder", "all things to all men", would be other ways to put it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Lol, was only baiting

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Me too. Where is C-J these days?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

User avatar
pch1
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 493
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 10:45
Location: Warrington
Re: And the winner is. . . .

Post by pch1 » 07 Nov 2017, 16:07

Cabernet wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Cabernet wrote: It's all in the wording. “The top all rounder", "all things to all men", would be other ways to put it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Lol, was only baiting

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Me too. Where is C-J these days?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
CJ recently got married and has been enjoying a long honeymoon in Zanzibar.
Image

User avatar
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 1982
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 16:16
Location: Denton, E Manchester
Re: And the winner is. . . .

Post by Cabernet » 09 Nov 2017, 23:02

pch1 wrote: CJ recently got married and has been enjoying a long honeymoon in Zanzibar.
Blimey, I bet BMW's share prices are low at moment.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,


Post Reply