2015 R1

Talk about anything bike related.
Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:
2015 R1

Post by Richie848evo » 05 Apr 2015, 08:23

Popped into MMC yesterday to have a look at the new R1 what ugly bike it is! Not for me

Dave
Reactions:
Re: 2015 R1

Post by Dave » 05 Apr 2015, 08:26

HA HA HA HA had to laugh at that richie …i wasn't a fan of the small headlights at the front when it was first seen , this seems the new Fashion now, but its grown on me. It will definitely sell
:

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 05 Apr 2015, 08:56

I won't be able to afford one, but I think the new R1 is one of the most exciting new models - the BMW although updated is a bit old hat now - all we need now are new GSXRs and Fireblades which will no doubt follow soon !

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 05 Apr 2015, 09:05

Soviet wrote:I won't be able to afford one, but I think the new R1 is one of the most exciting new models - the BMW although updated is a bit old hat now - all we need now are new GSXRs and Fireblades which will no doubt follow soon !
I think if the H2 hadn't just come out and stole the thunder the R1 would have got a lot more press

Not sure on the styling yet just but it may be growing on me, and wouldn't want anything like that on the road anyway, butt it does look nicely built and I'm sure it's a fine machine

Live forever or die trying

ducatigaz69
Reactions:

Post by ducatigaz69 » 05 Apr 2015, 10:16

Richie,

Your so old fashioned..ha ha ha

I just bought one, it's far from ugly mate, you need to remove your ducati tinted glasses.....it's not that far from a panni ....

We fear change dont we rich :)

ducatigaz69
Reactions:

Post by ducatigaz69 » 05 Apr 2015, 10:21

Clarkey wrote:
Soviet wrote:I won't be able to afford one, but I think the new R1 is one of the most exciting new models - the BMW although updated is a bit old hat now - all we need now are new GSXRs and Fireblades which will no doubt follow soon !
I think if the H2 hadn't just come out and stole the thunder the R1 would have got a lot more press

Not sure on the styling yet just but it may be growing on me, and wouldn't want anything like that on the road anyway, butt it does look nicely built and I'm sure it's a fine machine

Clarkey, not sure what ' press' you been reading but the R1 has had pages of coverage and reviews by every bike mag going. I reckon more so than than the H2 which is a pig bulgy bike by the way ha ha ha

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 05 Apr 2015, 10:28

ducatigaz69 wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

Clarkey, not sure what ' press' you been reading but the R1 has had pages of coverage and reviews by every bike mag going. I reckon more so than than the H2 which is a pig bulgy bike by the way ha ha ha
I'm not just talking about looks (though the Kawasaki looks awesome in my opinion for a Japanese four - the tubular frame was unexpected) I'm taking about the technical marvel of the in-house purpose built supercharger that Kawasaki developed and produced for the bike... I'm not saying the r1 had no press, but for me there seemed to be a lot more excitement around the kwak... If I got a chance to test ride either it would be good fun I'm sure, but if only one then it'd be the kwak for me

Regardless of all that, they're both too fucking fast, lol

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 05 Apr 2015, 11:14

Let's face it. They are all strains of the T-rex of motorcycles. As the T-rex was the pinnacle of predator in Jurassic evolution prior to the extinction of dinosaurs, so these are. As for selling well. In Europe sports bike sales are on their ass and in de line here also. Street naked and adventure is where the +300cc market is.
Have a gander at Piaggio. The RSV4 might be the performance leader in their marque, but which is their top +500cc seller in established Europe. The Moto Guzzi V7.
The YZF-R1M is little more than a marque icon. The sales will flow from the MT range and their derivatives.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Lilday
Reactions:

Post by Lilday » 05 Apr 2015, 19:31

Best looking bike in the last 5 years.

ListerTheStupid
Reactions:

Post by ListerTheStupid » 05 Apr 2015, 21:31

I love it. I'd buy one tomorrow if the wife would let me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk