It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:49 pm


Engine oil.

Talk about anything bike related.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

finchey63

  • Posts: 445
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am
  • Location: Chorley.

Engine oil.

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Just a quick one,
I've got some engine oil in the shed that's been opened
It's about two years old.
Will it be any good or is it for the tip?
It's motul in it's original container and the lid is on tight.
Offline
User avatar

jaffa1963

  • Posts: 305
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm
  • Location: Manchester

Re: Engine oil.

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 11:00 pm

I'd have no qualms about using that oil.
Offline
User avatar

finchey63

  • Posts: 445
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am
  • Location: Chorley.

Re: Engine oil.

PostSun Apr 09, 2017 6:25 am

jaffa1963 wrote:I'd have no qualms about using that oil.

Cheers Jaffa.
That's the answer i was hoping for there's about 3ltrs
I didn't want to waste it. :D
Offline
User avatar

Cabernet

NWAA Supporter

NWAA Supporter

  • Posts: 1887
  • Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:16 pm
  • Location: Denton, E Manchester

Re: Engine oil.

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 6:32 pm

If I was you I wouldn't.
Just let me know where you are and I can come and dispose of it for you. I'll only charge a tenner.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,
Offline
User avatar

lee

Moderator

  • Posts: 1295
  • Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Re: Engine oil.

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Whats the best before date on it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy.


Steve martin
Offline
User avatar

finchey63

  • Posts: 445
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am
  • Location: Chorley.

Re: Engine oil.

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Cabernet wrote:If I was you I wouldn't.
Just let me know where you are and I can come and dispose of it for you. I'll only charge a tenner.

Ok cab I'll do that.
How far you prepared to travel for a tenner.
If it's too far for you,
I'll make it £15 if that sounds fair to you. :lol:
Offline
User avatar

finchey63

  • Posts: 445
  • Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am
  • Location: Chorley.

Re: Engine oil.

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 pm

lee wrote:Whats the best before date on it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check date.
But is the expiry date if it's unopened?
Offline
User avatar

lee

Moderator

  • Posts: 1295
  • Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Re: Engine oil.

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 1:35 pm

finchey63 wrote:
lee wrote:Whats the best before date on it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check date.
But is the expiry date if it's unopened?


Ah of course.

Didnt think of that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy.


Steve martin
Offline
User avatar

Stumoores

VIP

  • Posts: 668
  • Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Engine oil.

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Its not 2 years old. Its about 200 million years old !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982
Offline
User avatar

Clarkey

VIP

  • Posts: 526
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: Engine oil.

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 pm

lee wrote:
finchey63 wrote:
lee wrote:Whats the best before date on it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check date.
But is the expiry date if it's unopened?


Ah of course.

Didnt think of that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping it cool is important once it's opened, but if it's sealed it'll be fine

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Return to Bike Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron