Your winter clothing

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Your winter clothing

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Nov 2016, 15:02

Just a word to the wise, with the Euro rate fluctuating so much all of our lovely clothing is set to rise this week.

Soooooo..... most bike shops i've been told by suppliers are holding back for a week to let people buy cheaper, won't be any cheaper at the shows either.

Prices will be jumping some 15% inline with the increasing financial uncertainty in Italy mainly but across Europe and china. Its also affecting clothing manufacturers here, so grab your bargains now. MMC are holding off till next week, J&S apparently so too.

Just got a full set for £189 from MMC saving £100

Same price at the NEC but you have ticket and fuel costs to add

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Your winter clothing

Post by Occams Razor » 20 Nov 2016, 20:23

If the exchange rate is fluctuating why are prices set to rise, are they increasing their prices of existing stock or are they going to sell all of that and start again with all new higher price stock?
Sounds very much like either a sales ruse or an unfounded price hike to me.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Nov 2016, 13:59

Occams Razor wrote:If the exchange rate is fluctuating why are prices set to rise, are they increasing their prices of existing stock or are they going to sell all of that and start again with all new higher price stock?
Sounds very much like either a sales ruse or an unfounded price hike to me.
exactly my thoughts. Hike in current and new stock.

Wish i has some money left for 'waterproof' boots now, just found out my new kit is sound but my summer boots, well i might as well have worn tissue haha.

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 22 Nov 2016, 00:00

Gear is mostly imported, either as finished product or as components/materials. Pound drops in value against the Euro and dollar, so anything being imported costs us more. It's the reason why next year all you're going to gear about is the cost of everything from fuel, energy to clothes and food being on the increase.
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 24 Nov 2016, 20:57

Even a blowy from an Eastern European will cost more than a from your standard British smack head

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk