Assistance from Road Traffic Act nerd please.

Talk about anything bike related.
Dai version
Reactions:
Re: Assistance from Road Traffic Act nerd please.

Post by Dai version » 20 Jan 2017, 17:18

lee wrote:
Cabernet wrote:Basically I was hoping it would state that it is permissible to pass a vehicle in front on the nearside that is turning right, rather than, to pass a vehicle in front on the left, that is turning right.
Forgive my ignorance.
Its late.
Im tired.
And I'm wondering whats the difference?

Just been wondering about filtering on the inside of traffic as a guy passed me tonight (and all the other traffic) between us and the pavement.
Made me wince.
See it often round near i work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is permissible if it isn't done carelessly or dangerously, though it's not normally a particularly clever thing to do unless there is bags (I mean bags) of space between the nside of the other traffic & kerb. This isn't usually the case though. Vehicle passengers are not normally insured for their own actions and should one enthusiastically open a door and get out, the consequences & legal mess is normally extensive. Just not worth it normally.

Dai version
Reactions:

Post by Dai version » 20 Jan 2017, 17:37

rumpoldstilskin wrote:I'm with cupidstunt on this, rush and you're bound to come a cropper.

Just been pulled on the motorway for manoeuvring without indicating.

Checked my indicators and the dreadded water ingress has had them, completely corroded after 16months, got off with a warning as the front ones work and he said my riding for the conditions wasn't dangerous at all.

Points don't mean prizes is my motto
There is no specific legislation to say you must signal - however you should do so if it would benefit another road user (including pedestrians). Failing to signal where it would have been reasonable to let another road user know your intention may in some circumstances mean your riding is below that reasonably expected (read due care). I wouldn't get gobby with cops in defending myself as they may interpret that as "failing the attitude test", but you could take their view and suggest your reasons why you considered it but decided not to signal.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 26 Apr 2017, 19:06

Here you go!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rqSdzJY1s ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 27 Apr 2017, 16:42

Nothing wrong there Image
Cabernet wrote:Here you go!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rqSdzJY1s ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;