New Z650

Talk about anything bike related.
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: New Z650

Post by Cabernet » 09 Oct 2016, 21:24

Pacuk wrote:Looks like the er6n and er6f have just had a re-brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's more than a re-brand. Look at the rear swing arm and suspension. Re-worked and style. Put on some USD forks (which I suspect won't be long away) and you have a very capable road going machine. With current licencing I can see the SV, MT-07, Z650 & CBR650F and there counterparts will slay the 600/4s of today in to extinction like the early 80s 250 class.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 09 Oct 2016, 21:29

Not really much difference but then the er6 was very underrated.. I've had the n and the f and loved them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry.L
Reactions:

Post by Garry.L » 09 Oct 2016, 21:40

Stumoores wrote:Makes me laugh how all the nostalgia boys forget how horrible the old stuff really was. Shit frames, crap brakes, poor fuel consumption and woeful performance. I would like to bet that the new era of "shopping" bikes would piss all over the old zeds
Interesting that, 'cos it makes me laugh how people walk into a dealers and hand over several £K of their hard earned for some soulless piece of plastic that loses £2K the second they roll out of the show room, then continues to hemorrhage cash in depreciation while they desperately try to give their anonymous lego brick some street cred by nailing all manner of shiny things and go-faster bits to it in a vain attempt to make it get a second glance at the local bike meet.

And of course in even more desperate attempts to make them and their bikes seem somehow interesting they'll happily tell any poor cnut who'll listen how fooking fast their latest and greatest cutting edge sports bike is even though they'll never hope to get ANY where near the bikes limits. But Hey!, it says in MCN that his bike will go round Oulton Park 0.000001 second faster than the last now worthless model it replaces so this of course makes the Guy Valentino Rossi.

Each to their own though, Eh.... ;)

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 09 Oct 2016, 22:09

This is good Garry. Just keep letting the anger vent away. Take a deep breathe and vent another paragraph.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 10 Oct 2016, 08:38

The supertwin class at the TT is full of these cnuts with bolt on go faster bits. The big Z class hasn't quite got going yet, unless you count all the wannabe Walters wobbling around on a Sunday.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982