Rac important.

Talk about anything bike related.
Cliff
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Rac important.

Post by Cliff » 05 Oct 2016, 10:08

Fronkey wrote:Ok so Friday on the way to Assen for the bsb i came off my bike. Broke the gear leaver and clutch. No others involved just one of those things.

So I rang the rac who said they can't collect as ive been in an RTA.

They wanted nearly 400 quid to take me home.

I think that was discussing. yea you can say well you should have accident recovery but most normal people don't tend to.

If you drop your bike at a petrol station or on some gravel at a junction. The rac wont help you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That is pretty shit, I didn't know about that either. How did you eventually manage to get it home?
It's all about the TT ....

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 05 Oct 2016, 10:12

Cliff wrote:
Fronkey wrote:Ok so Friday on the way to Assen for the bsb i came off my bike. Broke the gear leaver and clutch. No others involved just one of those things.

So I rang the rac who said they can't collect as ive been in an RTA.

They wanted nearly 400 quid to take me home.

I think that was discussing. yea you can say well you should have accident recovery but most normal people don't tend to.

If you drop your bike at a petrol station or on some gravel at a junction. The rac wont help you.

That is pretty shit, I didn't know about that either. How did you eventually manage to get it home?
I have a bike trailer and an awesome father in law who drove 100 miles to pick me up.

Im quite lucky really. That could have cost a fortune

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 06 Oct 2016, 17:08

I remember the early days on my Benelli, breaking down evertime i went under 60.
Then one lovely winters evening spent sat at the Carousel in Southport after calling them with a '30 min' wait, my phone died, spent my money on overpriced chips and was basically stranded.

3 recovery trucks turned up that night,
1st one- drove off as i walked towards him

2nd was a van that said he doesn't do cars

3rd was a massive flatbed that stopped and asked if i had seen a broken down 'Red-Bentley Tornado car' ffs.
After chasing him down the street with my wonky leg to tell him its a bike nay a car he came bike and created about £4k of damage via strapping her to the bulkhead of the flatbed ffs.

Complained and got no offer of help towards cost not apology as i had 'been recovered'

Cancelled my membership and just use my cover through Natwest Bank, they use MotorcycleSOS, absolute stars them people and have rescued me at least 15 times within the hour and even made me a brew, they cover western Europe too apparently which could be handy