New member New Bike Problem Help Please!

Talk about anything bike related.
Fat Bob
VIP
Reactions:
Re: New member New Bike Problem Help Please!

Post by Fat Bob » 03 Apr 2015, 19:22

Get rid of the heated grips and give the carbs a good proper clean! (If it is the carbed model still i know they did change around 06-07) mine was crap in the carbs and the slider was getting stuck open. Fuel was just flowing through making it pop and bang and eventually would start bogging down! As for heated grips i put a set on mine, they done wonders in winter until today when ive had to go out and buy a new battery as they fucked the old one. Was fed up bump starting it every morning and such

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

stevej30
Reactions:

Post by stevej30 » 03 Apr 2015, 21:45

its a 2005 carbed model i have had the carbs stripped and cleaned apparently by two different places and they both gave it a clean bill of health and then looked at me like i'm daft when i go back and report the same issue is still happening... i have checked the slider and everything around the carbs seem to be working correctly would water in the airbox/air filter have anything to do with it as i removed the drain plug lots of yellow water ran out... there is also a very heavy fuel smell upon stopping on every journey

Fat Bob
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Fat Bob » 04 Apr 2015, 14:40

Well the fuel smell would suggest your carbs are getting blocked and flooding after a short run hence the bogging down on power. Make sure all your spark plugs are ok, check the compression, make sure there's no damaged/squashed pipes etc. My money is on it flooding bud. Especially with you saying it happens after a bit of a ride. Starts fine because excess fuel has evaporated or slowly made it out of where its stuck then eventually builds back up again and causes engine to bog

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk