North wales police presence again

Talk about anything bike related.
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 24 Jul 2016, 13:55

I hear this is being stepped up again after the RTC and fatal figures this year.
Just having a chat with a couple of the regular force faces we see, they were discussing the Accident last night near denbigh and they have been instructed to make their presence felt.

so a heads up, cans / pipes are of particular interest this year. if not declared as a mod to your insurance - expect to be reported for it and if the insurance is invalidated because of an exhaust - your bike get's towed.
Bikes with loud cans that have been declared as a mod - if excessive or baffle free then rectification notices will be issued.
obviously speeding will be not be tolerated and a high police presence on the "usual" biker clad routes - so i would suggest you go stealthy and find some nice new roads and enjoy the scenery a bit more and keep away from the usual A5 type hot spots.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 24 Jul 2016, 14:32

Happy to give Wales a miss for a bit and take my money somewhere else!

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: North wales police presence again

Post by CRM » 24 Jul 2016, 14:49

lol - you hit em where it hurts eh Rich. fookin welsh economy will be goosed without a few rhug burgers and ice creams sold. it will lead to a recession i tell yer, they will be begging for speeding noisy bikers back

Or you could always try some other more remote roads, enjoy the scenery a bit more and chill at semi legal speeds and with a nice quiet bike they wouldn't even hear you coming.

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 24 Jul 2016, 15:10

Burgers, ice creams and fuel all adds up lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 24 Jul 2016, 18:47

pretty much the same happening up in North Yorks too..around Hawes, unmarked Police bikes will pull you over for the same thing as in Wales. If your riding a speeding bike with an "Illegal Can" your done for that ,and if you have not notified your insurer of the "mod" its deemed your insurance is also invalid ..( so thats 6 points min ) and your bike is impounded . There is a £150 collection fee and the illegal exhaust has to be changed before the bike is allowed on the road …so you have to hire a van to collect the bike from the where it is kept !!! Nightmare … 2 lads I know have just experienced this !

so dont go to Yorks Rich either
:

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 24 Jul 2016, 19:11

Bet the sheep are sad we are not going there !
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 24 Jul 2016, 19:37

so the small business suffers.

Maybe i am getting old but when i see twattish riding it does make me ashamed to say i am a biker.
i was heading between mold and Ruthin on Monday eve last week, there was a slim guy on some versys touring type bike who was riding with respect and what i would consider normally, his mate who was upfront made a big deal on passing anything in his way in inappropriate places, right up cars arses weaving trying to do a tyre warm lol and then slowed down so his mate could catch up holding all the cars up.
whoppa's like this are the problem and do nothing for the image of us all.
to other bikers he came across as a pleb and apart from showing a severe lack of road craft or control, he did seem to tick many of the stereo type box's

pip
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pip » 24 Jul 2016, 20:21

north wales seems to only have 2-3 speed vans see them on the popular roads between bala,corwen,betswy coed. sometimes near Ruthin.

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 25 Jul 2016, 12:46

CRM wrote:lol - you hit em where it hurts eh Rich. fookin welsh economy will be goosed without a few rhug burgers and ice creams sold. it will lead to a recession i tell yer, they will be begging for speeding noisy bikers back

Or you could always try some other more remote roads, enjoy the scenery a bit more and chill at semi legal speeds and with a nice quiet bike they wouldn't even hear you coming.
its all these wankers on sports bike looking like power rangers driving round at speed they're not capable of, fuckin idiots honestly, took my lad to the raven the other night left their at 8 normally an hour home 9.50 we got in fatal on the 49, accident on the 41 its getting stupid, I hope the police throw the book at them, ragging round like they own the place, 60-80 is fast enough
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 25 Jul 2016, 13:59

I agree 160 to 180 is plenty fast with loud pipes but I'm just a twat