bike cleaning

Talk about anything bike related.
ste1239
Reactions:
bike cleaning

Post by ste1239 » 02 Apr 2015, 17:30

What do people use to clean their bike? Ive just used wonder wheels and it does 'wonders'. Anybody use anything REALLY good to get the grease and grime off that often doesnt shift?

Marco
Reactions:
Re: bike cleaning

Post by Marco » 02 Apr 2015, 17:37

Regular cleaning is the key tbh. I tend to just use fairy washing up liquid depends where ur cleaning and how bad it is. Wheels is white spirit brakes is brake cleaner and then finish off with acf50. Also Mr sheen or any other cheap polish does wonders. I prefare to use the cheap stuff it's works just as well with elbow grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 02 Apr 2015, 17:37

ste1239 wrote:What do people use to clean their bike? Ive just used wonder wheels and it does 'wonders'. Anybody use anything REALLY good to get the grease and grime off that often doesnt shift?
I use elbow grease, thats not a euphemism for hard wotk, its actually called elbow greas and it cost £1 a bottle from the pound shop
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

MassDestruction
VIP
Reactions:

Post by MassDestruction » 02 Apr 2015, 19:59

I've used that mozz its pretty good stuff, I use muck off as a rule off thumb I get it in bulk in the big drum .

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 02 Apr 2015, 20:22

Marco wrote:Regular cleaning is the key tbh. I tend to just use fairy washing up liquid depends where ur cleaning and how bad it is. Wheels is white spirit brakes is brake cleaner and then finish off with acf50. Also Mr sheen or any other cheap polish does wonders. I prefare to use the cheap stuff it's works just as well with elbow grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't use washing up liquid to clean your bike it has loads of salt in it.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 02 Apr 2015, 20:31

mozzersaints wrote:
ste1239 wrote:What do people use to clean their bike? Ive just used wonder wheels and it does 'wonders'. Anybody use anything REALLY good to get the grease and grime off that often doesnt shift?
I use elbow grease, thats not a euphemism for hard wotk, its actually called elbow greas and it cost £1 a bottle from the pound shop

another vote for this stuff, its bloody brilliant and by far the best bike cleaner and none caustic cleaner i have used

Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 02 Apr 2015, 23:25

i used to use the Muc off range , but if left on too long , and I'm talking more than a minute , it can tarnished the ally swinging arms…I've just started using the WD40 cleaning products , seem ok so far …most of the winter the bike was washed in cool or cold water and coated with GT85 and ACF50 …two weeks ago i washed it all off properly and the bike now looks brand new
:

Goody
Reactions:

Post by Goody » 03 Apr 2015, 01:11

Always use muck off but deffo gonna give that pound shop stuff a go

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 03 Apr 2015, 07:18

Be interesting to see whats in that elbow grease stuff.
Shouldnt be much (if any) sodium additives as its spray on (salt is used amongst other things as a thickening agent).

I recently started using the pink muc off stuff and was massively impressed.
Left the bike very clean and looked already polished.

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 03 Apr 2015, 08:20

I use SDoc - it's expensive but foams up and is even better than the Muc Off ( which I also use) - plenty of (cold) water in winter and summer to neutralize salts from the road - detailing and yes, Elbow grease and time are the other key ingredients ! Use automotive cleaners and products - household products are for joinery, carpets and windows...