bike cleaning

Talk about anything bike related.
Garry.L
Reactions:
Re: bike cleaning

Post by Garry.L » 03 Apr 2015, 21:04

Expensive BUT it works.......
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.d ... tAodHD0AmA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 03 Apr 2015, 21:49

Soviet wrote:I use SDoc - it's expensive but foams up and is even better than the Muc Off ( which I also use) - plenty of (cold) water in winter and summer to neutralize salts from the road - detailing and yes, Elbow grease and time are the other key ingredients ! Use automotive cleaners and products - household products are for joinery, carpets and windows...
So u don't use furniture polish?? It's a cracking cleaner same as wd40 it's self does wonders on oil and chain lube plus with furniture polish u can use it as a lubricant for tyres and inlet rubbers it's great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 04 Apr 2015, 01:00

I tell you what not to use.... TFR, or Traffic Film Remover. Striped the clear coat straight off my swing arm and the carbon fenders. Devastated!

GixxerD
Reactions:

Post by GixxerD » 04 Apr 2015, 22:12

Occams Razor wrote:
Marco wrote:Regular cleaning is the key tbh. I tend to just use fairy washing up liquid depends where ur cleaning and how bad it is. Wheels is white spirit brakes is brake cleaner and then finish off with acf50. Also Mr sheen or any other cheap polish does wonders. I prefare to use the cheap stuff it's works just as well with elbow grease

Don't use washing up liquid to clean your bike it has loads of salt in it.
So what, just make sure you rinse it off ,i've never had a problem using washing up liquid in 30 odd years of bike washing :D

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 05 Apr 2015, 21:06

I tend to use muck off for the chain and parts, then I use Maguires stuff.........can see my face in it after that ;)

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 05 Apr 2015, 23:48

Occams Razor wrote:
Marco wrote:Regular cleaning is the key tbh. I tend to just use fairy washing up liquid depends where ur cleaning and how bad it is. Wheels is white spirit brakes is brake cleaner and then finish off with acf50. Also Mr sheen or any other cheap polish does wonders. I prefare to use the cheap stuff it's works just as well with elbow grease

Don't use washing up liquid to clean your bike it has loads of salt in it.
I was just about to say the same thing but you beat me to it! If you want a cheap solution then just buy cheapo hair shampoo from Tesco or Asda. Strong enough detergent to loosen the grease and grime but nowhere near as much salt content as Fairy or other washing up liquids :)
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.