Not many left anymore

Talk about anything bike related.
jaffa1963
Reactions:
Re: Not many left anymore

Post by jaffa1963 » 21 Jun 2016, 21:18

I like this forum for the fun chat and the windups. I like the fact that despite very different mindsets, morals and friendships among the members this forum shares good advice and conversation.

I think it went through a phase where it was like nuclear war and luckily that is now gone. Most facebook groups are full of dicks with stupid comments and shit ability and they do my head in. Not that I'm saying I'm an ace rider.

I belong to a couple of Triumph forums and the adventurebikerider forum which are pretty good and can generate the odd contentious topic which is good for a laugh but this forum is my local forum and will always be important to me.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Jun 2016, 23:17

jaffa1963 wrote:I like this forum for the fun chat and the windups. I like the fact that despite very different mindsets, morals and friendships among the members this forum shares good advice and conversation.

I think it went through a phase where it was like nuclear war and luckily that is now gone. Most facebook groups are full of dicks with stupid comments and shit ability and they do my head in. Not that I'm saying I'm an ace rider.

I belong to a couple of Triumph forums and the adventurebikerider forum which are pretty good and can generate the odd contentious topic which is good for a laugh but this forum is my local forum and will always be important to me.

chris101
Reactions:

Post by chris101 » 22 Jun 2016, 08:12

The saddest thing is the lack of meetups nowadays. Still check on here but have not used it for a source of rideouts in a long time

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

J..R
Reactions:

Post by J..R » 22 Jun 2016, 11:09

Pop on every couple of days, bump* into a few people at Coffee500 or the Bikers Food Emporium now and again.

* Not literally as in the Ninja Turtle incident sense.

alex
Reactions:

Post by alex » 22 Jun 2016, 14:50

Cabernet wrote:
alex wrote:Still here :roll: i think a certain blonde kill this site with a load of shite
I don't think it is fair to blame one individual, neither is it helpful to keep scab picking. Why do those that wanted said individual gone keep the memory with us. It does seem strange that some fought such a bitter and ugly confluct to clease and purge this cyberspace of a certain individual and then have abandoned it themselves. Was the conflict actually the addictive attraction?

No scabs are getting picked .
Ive been on NWB since its birth so ive seen alot of comings & goings on here over the years.
The topic said that there does'nt seem to be ( Not many left anymore).
So you are saying that i cannot have opinion on some of the reasons for the demise of
the once great site'

Stebinners
Reactions:

Post by Stebinners » 22 Jun 2016, 14:56

I remember loads on here and plenty of banter, i don't what changed but seems you guys know something did? Sounds like some big argument?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 22 Jun 2016, 15:02

Sounds like brekky and a ride out is called for to me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 22 Jun 2016, 19:25

Pacuk wrote:Sounds like brekky and a ride out is called for to me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that sounds like a plan. I remember regular ride outs for Bison burgers lol.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 22 Jun 2016, 21:18

alex wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
alex wrote:Still here :roll: i think a certain blonde kill this site with a load of shite
I don't think it is fair to blame one individual, neither is it helpful to keep scab picking. Why do those that wanted said individual gone keep the memory with us. It does seem strange that some fought such a bitter and ugly confluct to clease and purge this cyberspace of a certain individual and then have abandoned it themselves. Was the conflict actually the addictive attraction?

No scabs are getting picked .
Ive been on NWB since its birth so ive seen alot of comings & goings on here over the years.
The topic said that there does'nt seem to be ( Not many left anymore).
So you are saying that i cannot have opinion on some of the reasons for the demise of
the once great site'
You are welcome to your opinion and mine would include yours, but is that bitterness helpful to voice?
Naival gazing in this way is toxic to the forum mood and hardly encourages new folk to stick around IMHO.

Sent wrestling with Tapatalk.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Stebinners
Reactions:

Post by Stebinners » 22 Jun 2016, 21:56

So people left the site because of others opinions or behaviour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk