Any first hand advice of personal injury and bike repairs

Talk about anything bike related.
jaffa1963
Reactions:
Re: Any first hand advice of personal injury and bike repair

Post by jaffa1963 » 12 May 2016, 20:10

Be careful Lee. Even if nothing's broke you could still suffer serious aches and pains a few weeks after so may well need to see a physio or chiropractor. As we get older we don't bounce so well.

Luckily for me I only crash Suzukis so I now stay well clear of any Jap bike just in case lol.

Alex A
Reactions:

Post by Alex A » 12 May 2016, 23:01

Sounds like a write off to me!

I presume you have fully comp insurance? If so, let your insurer deal with it and instruct them to claim against the third party policy.

Regarding a repairer, can you not ask that a KTM dealer/workshop does the assessment and the work?

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 13 May 2016, 07:21

When I had my crash I used Fergus at sorry mate. He was great like I had my Mce insures phone me a year after saying someone was claiming from me I told them it weren't my fault and other person admitted liability so they went away and come back saying basically tuff so I phoned him again and he sorted it 10 mins later he's a biker himself so be ready for the chat haha as for repair mine was a written off but he got me a good price for mine and I got to keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 13 May 2016, 07:23

Good advice from Jaffa Steve there Lee, sometimes the shock doesn't hit for a few days , then your neck starts aching etc ....defo claim for a new lid .....even if yours is at Shoei, replace the one your using now

Recall a thread about someone having an off and claiming on their insurance , even though it wasn't there fault, and the premium went up next year due to the claim ! So check that out too
:

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 13 May 2016, 08:21

You can use your own repair centre (rocket centre) to get your bike repaired don't send it to somewhere that you're not happy with also tell them you want all new parts nothing to be repaired/painted. Make sure you get all new riding equipment as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 13 May 2016, 10:32

Sorry to hear about your crash Lee, hopefully you've got enough information from all the above posts.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 13 May 2016, 13:12

Found where the bike is.
Waiting a reply from sorrymate.
Also awaiting a call from 4th dimension to see if they will deal with the claim and use a ktm dealer for the repairs (if not written off)

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 13 May 2016, 15:36

So quick update.
4th dimension were pretty good and said i can get the bike repaired anywhere i like. Everything new for old, no trying to re paint stuff etc.
Id be massively surprised if it isnt a write off.
Also said i can buy it back if it is deemed a total loss.
Agreed to let them recover and do an initial assessment.
I can then decide what to do.
Been getting calls from people desperate to handle the claim for loss of earnings, my gear being replaced and injuries.
Im still waiting a call from sorrymate but ive noticed they are moving premises today so understandable.

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 13 May 2016, 20:31

Sorry to hear about your incident Lee. Glad you are ok. I have used Michael W Halsall Solicitors in Newton Le Willows in the past when a silly bitch caused me to come off. Couldn't fault their service.

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 14 May 2016, 08:06

Sorry to hear about this pal and glad you're ok. My advice is to use a solicitor who will apply their own explicit costs to the third party, rather than a claims management firm who will want a % slice of your claim. Claims management firms are, in my experience, a bunch of f**king vultures who skin their unwary and often vulnerable (stunned post-accident) customers. Your insurance might even provide you provision for legal costs to claim your uninsured losses (like leathers, helmet, loss of earnings, etc.) so you don't pay away a penny of any compensation to those moneygrubbing rip-off merchants. The claims management firms know this and clamour at you and chase you in desparation trying to get you to agree and appoint them before you realise you ofte don't actually need to pay out that much to get it sorted. But once they consider themselves to be appointed getting rid of them can be like trying to scrape dogsh*t off your new suede trainers lol

Good luck. Hope you get a good outcome :)
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.