BMW esk

Talk about anything bike related.
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
BMW esk

Post by Cabernet » 12 Apr 2016, 20:08

Yes, an example of Moto Guzzi single side swing arms and one reason I would avoid CARC models like a BMW out of warranty.

Sent wrestling with Tapatalk.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee
Reactions:
Re: BMW esk

Post by lee » 12 Apr 2016, 20:34

What makes a carc one different from a normal shaft drive kev?
Im not well up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-J
Reactions:

Post by C-J » 12 Apr 2016, 20:42

How would that particular failure mode be isolated to a Cardon drive?? similar forces are exhibited due to chain tension. I accept there are more points of failure in the system, but that could be said of every link in a chain.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 12 Apr 2016, 21:10

Any Guzzi with a single sided swing arm is a CARC.
The Norge, Stelvo, "Breva 1100 or 1200" and 1200 Sport.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 12 Apr 2016, 21:21

So are they just different because they have a single sided swing arm?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 12 Apr 2016, 21:29

C-J wrote:How would that particular failure mode be isolated to a Cardon drive?? similar forces are exhibited due to chain tension. I accept there are more points of failure in the system, but that could be said of every link in a chain.
Chas, I look at stats more than modes.
Dig around abit and you'll find too many of these. The models also suffers from swiss cheese cams and clutch issues.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 12 Apr 2016, 21:33

lee wrote:So are they just different because they have a single sided swing arm?

They are the 2005 to 2015 + 1000cc offering designed new from the ground up, rather than a hybrid of the 850 LE MANS range as are the pre 2004 models.

C-J
Reactions:

Post by C-J » 12 Apr 2016, 21:45

Cabernet wrote:
C-J wrote:How would that particular failure mode be isolated to a Cardon drive?? similar forces are exhibited due to chain tension. I accept there are more points of failure in the system, but that could be said of every link in a chain.
Chas, I look at stats more than modes.
Dig around abit and you'll find too many of these. The models also suffers from swiss cheese cams and clutch issues.

Oh fair enough... Wouldn't a picture of a table of stats been more appropriate to your post then??? Rather than a picture of a failed swing arm link??? It's very confusing all this baiting...

Personally I've heard of more damaged engines after a chain has snapped than shaft drives failures. But that's just real life experience, not trawling the Internet night after night for stats.

Here's a good one though!!

That's proper fooked!

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 12 Apr 2016, 21:52

Oo, I have real got under you skin. You're see ghosts now.

A couple of folk have pm'd me about CARC models. I advised them to steer clear. No

Sent wrestling with Tapatalk.

C-J
Reactions:

Post by C-J » 12 Apr 2016, 21:59

Thanks for the context. Very helpful indeed. Now back on topic slightly, would you advise a blood bike volunteer to avoid models with a CARC drive considering the how essential the service is they provide??