Took the blade out today

Talk about anything bike related.
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Took the blade out today

Post by CRM » 30 Jan 2016, 11:01

ha ha, but you can't scale down Daz or you will lose out in pub top trumps.
The french with their limp 100bhp limit for bikes - with their smooth quiet well surfaced roads and considerate car drivers pfffttt

One day like i did, you wake up and realize you don't need huge bhp, have the latest and greatest or care what others think to enjoy riding bikes on the road.
I think the most powerful bike i own is just over 100bhp and shy of 200 kilos, yet oddly i have more fun with half the power and half the weight.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 30 Jan 2016, 11:34

stewslash wrote:I got my first litre bike yesterday and went for a little blast, it was raining by the time I got it , I managed to get the rear spin up on me in 4th something my street triple would never do
I will have to take it easy and take my time getting used to the extra power but it's fun! Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've had exactly that on a NWB run while riding my Fireblade along a greasy road towards Knutsford. Overtook a car, and in my zealous haste, I opened the throttle too wide, too soon and the rear wheel shot put sideways and tried to overtake me. Managed to stay on the bike somehow as the whole bike was swivelling around the headstock...guess it was luck!

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 30 Jan 2016, 13:03

pch1 wrote:
stewslash wrote:I got my first litre bike yesterday and went for a little blast, it was raining by the time I got it , I managed to get the rear spin up on me in 4th something my street triple would never do
I will have to take it easy and take my time getting used to the extra power but it's fun! Image

I've had exactly that on a NWB run while riding my Fireblade along a greasy road towards Knutsford. Overtook a car, and in my zealous haste, I opened the throttle too wide, too soon and the rear wheel shot put sideways and tried to overtake me. Managed to stay on the bike somehow as the whole bike was swivelling around the headstock...guess it was luck!
That bloke in MMC was right thenImage

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 30 Jan 2016, 13:25

Richie848evo wrote:
pch1 wrote:

That bloke in MMC was right thenImage
Cheeky twunt!
In fact, I managed to write off a ZX-10R two months new Image
Got the Fireblade once the bones had healed Image

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 30 Jan 2016, 13:37

CRM wrote:ha ha, but you can't scale down Daz or you will lose out in pub top trumps.
The french with their limp 100bhp limit for bikes - with their smooth quiet well surfaced roads and considerate car drivers pfffttt

One day like i did, you wake up and realize you don't need huge bhp, have the latest and greatest or care what others think to enjoy riding bikes on the road.
I think the most powerful bike i own is just over 100bhp and shy of 200 kilos, yet oddly i have more fun with half the power and half the weight.
Ditto
You seem to have your sensible mouth on today. :?:
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 30 Jan 2016, 13:43

Cabernet wrote:
CRM wrote:ha ha, but you can't scale down Daz or you will lose out in pub top trumps.

Ditto
You seem to have your sensible mouth on today. :?:

The day is still young Image

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 30 Jan 2016, 16:09

pch1 wrote:

I remember it well, I was right behind you, the back must have stepped out 18 inches definitely thought you were going down.

stewslash
Reactions:

Post by stewslash » 30 Jan 2016, 16:18

I think I've got to the bottom of what happened with me , I went out for a little bit today and the traction control was off , in my excitement on taking delivery of the bike on Thursday I went on a button pressing frenzy and must of turned off the ASC

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 30 Jan 2016, 18:05

stewslash wrote:I think I've got to the bottom of what happened with me , I went out for a little bit today and the traction control was off , in my excitement on taking delivery of the bike on Thursday I went on a button pressing frenzy and must of turned off the ASC Image
There is always one that can overcome technologic safe guards and screw up.

And why have all those ponnies if you're cut there legs off up to their knees with ABS.

I'd rather have a bike I can ride.

Sent wrestling with Tapatalk.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 30 Jan 2016, 18:44

Occams Razor wrote:
pch1 wrote:

I remember it well, I was right behind you, the back must have stepped out 18 inches definitely thought you were going down.
Glad you could see what was happening; I had my eyes firmly shut and was shouting prayers to Allah to strategically magic some rabbits to break my fall Image