Strapless helmets

Talk about anything bike related.
lee
Reactions:
Strapless helmets

Post by lee » 20 Dec 2015, 12:15

Just saw an article about this on visor down.

http://youtu.be/lnydMibNojo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Strapless helmets

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Dec 2015, 16:51

You know what, if its not stupidly priced i'd buy one. Been looking for something like this for years. Annoys the shit out of me having to pull the straps to morph my helmets just to get my head in only to have my ears fold up inside.
The hinged back was a concern at first but the safety aspect of it being able to split in the event of an off is a massive selling point, the QR code for paramedics is pointless though imho, if i were attending a biker down scene i wouldn't be getting my phone out, finding a QR reader 'app' and then going through the download process or whatever, coverage in the UK around the roads we ride is always sketchy too.

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 21 Dec 2015, 17:14

I always thought you preferred one with a strap on will?

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Dec 2015, 17:22

jimmytanko wrote:I always thought you preferred one with a strap on will?

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk
lmao, only on a friday

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 21 Dec 2015, 17:44

rumpoldstilskin wrote:You know what, if its not stupidly priced i'd buy one. Been looking for something like this for years. Annoys the shit out of me having to pull the straps to morph my helmets just to get my head in only to have my ears fold up inside.
The hinged back was a concern at first but the safety aspect of it being able to split in the event of an off is a massive selling point, the QR code for paramedics is pointless though imho, if i were attending a biker down scene i wouldn't be getting my phone out, finding a QR reader 'app' and then going through the download process or whatever, coverage in the UK around the roads we ride is always sketchy too.
Paramedics don't bother with ice stuff. There just there to stabilise and get you to hospital then either the police god forbid or the hospital staff check the qr code.
I suppose if they did see a ice sticker on your lid I'm sure your wallet would be checked or a quick look to see any ice pendant

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Dec 2015, 17:45

Ice?

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 21 Dec 2015, 18:05

In Case of Emergency

I used to have to wear a wristband on both wrists so if I needed anything following a accident of some sort the paramedics knew to check my wallet for my card

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 21 Dec 2015, 19:53

SMUDGER wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:You know what, if its not stupidly priced i'd buy one. Been looking for something like this for years. Annoys the shit out of me having to pull the straps to morph my helmets just to get my head in only to have my ears fold up inside.
Paramedics don't bother with ice stuff. There just there to stabilise and get you to hospital then either the police god forbid or the hospital staff check the qr code.
I suppose if they did see a ice sticker on your lid I'm sure your wallet would be checked or a quick look to see any ice pendant

The sticker is instructions on how remove the lid.
Not ice details.
But I think it's a bit shit to expect the paramedics to scan it then go routing round for a screwdriver. Should be a simpler release idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 21 Dec 2015, 19:55

Oh I presumed rump meant a ice sticker as these can be put on lids I seen the helmet a while ago so didn't watch again my apologies

robgosty
Reactions:

Post by robgosty » 21 Dec 2015, 21:30

They reckon price is going to be $888 AUS dollars + about £428-00, how much is your head worth :lol: