Favourite Bike Features (Cosmetically)

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Favourite Bike Features (Cosmetically)

Post by Clarkey » 22 Feb 2018, 21:55

What features of a bike do it for you?

For as long as I remember I've liked single sided rear swingarms, especially with under seat exhausts - heavily influenced by my childhood love of the 916 of course. Some bikes have the single side swing arm but them cover it with an exhaust (some vfr's I think, and my old bros to a lesser extent) which always seems a missed opportunity

Also like Tubular framed bikes, KTM being a modern examples of (and a feature of the H2R I was pleasantly surprised with)

If there's a fairly big bike with traditional 'under the rear foot peg' exhausts I like them to be symmetrical with one on each side of the bike, and a fairly big carbon effect end pipe - quite old fashioned now but I like that on certain bikes. Don't like stubby exhausts particularly, though they do suit some bikes

Generally I the look of a nice v twin over any other configuration - though some (old Aprilia's for example) are covered in tonnes of plastic so it's only a generalisation

Never been a fan of tail tidies and miniature indicators etc... But again it does suit some bikes better than others if done right

That's all I can think at the mo, and of course it's merely personal taste, but how do you like yours?

Live Forever or Die Trying

Last edited by Clarkey on 22 Feb 2018, 21:55, edited 3 times in total.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Favourite Bike Features (Cosmetically)

Post by Cabernet » 23 Feb 2018, 06:42

A nice solid shaft drive.
Air cooled.
Frugal.
Torque.
+40 BHP
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 23 Feb 2018, 09:10

Clarkey wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 21:55
What features of a bike do it for you?

For as long as I remember I've liked single sided rear swingarms, especially with under seat exhausts - heavily influenced by my childhood love of the 916 of course. Some bikes have the single side swing arm but them cover it with an exhaust (some vfr's I think, and my old bros to a lesser extent) which always seems a missed opportunity

Also like Tubular framed bikes, KTM being a modern examples of (and a feature of the H2R I was pleasantly surprised with)

If there's a fairly big bike with traditional 'under the rear foot peg' exhausts I like them to be symmetrical with one on each side of the bike, and a fairly big carbon effect end pipe - quite old fashioned now but I like that on certain bikes. Don't like stubby exhausts particularly, though they do suit some bikes

Generally I the look of a nice v twin over any other configuration - though some (old Aprilia's for example) are covered in tonnes of plastic so it's only a generalisation

Never been a fan of tail tidies and miniature indicators etc... But again it does suit some bikes better than others if done right

That's all I can think at the mo, and of course it's merely personal taste, but how do you like yours?

Pretty much this, I'm a terrible push bike steel frame geek and tubular trellis frames look amazing, I hope somewhere they'll always be made, it's encouraging that Kawasaki have them on a new state of the art bike.

A bit of a weird one but the fork ends/Spindles on the RC30 are gorgeous, mechanical elegant simplicity.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 23 Feb 2018, 10:31

Occams Razor wrote: Pretty much this, I'm a terrible push bike steel frame geek and tubular trellis frames look amazing, I hope somewhere they'll always be made, it's encouraging that Kawasaki have them on a new state of the art bike.

A bit of a weird one but the fork ends/Spindles on the RC30 are gorgeous, mechanical elegant simplicity.
Not weird at all, do you have a photo?

Nicely machined parts are lovely

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 23 Feb 2018, 17:25

Mechanophilia its called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 23 Feb 2018, 18:49

Clarkey wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 10:31
Occams Razor wrote: Pretty much this, I'm a terrible push bike steel frame geek and tubular trellis frames look amazing, I hope somewhere they'll always be made, it's encouraging that Kawasaki have them on a new state of the art bike.

Not weird at all, do you have a photo?

Nicely machined parts are lovely

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rc30+ ... pHqUTUEG-M:

Hope that works, not the best picture but will give the idea.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 24 Feb 2018, 06:30

USD forks on old bikes with spoked wheels. It's that old skool look with a modern twist that does it for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 24 Feb 2018, 13:28

Honda Cub 90’s on wide rims with nice simple cut street tyres and a pastel paint scheme.

De-cluttered wiring.

Ohlins forks

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 24 Feb 2018, 13:54

Stumoores wrote:USD forks on old bikes with spoked wheels. It's that old skool look with a modern twist that does it for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yeah fair enough. I like the look of spoked wheels on certain bikes, especially those with tonnes of spokes, but my first had them and they're a bitch to clean!

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 24 Feb 2018, 13:58

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Honda Cub 90’s on wide rims with nice simple cut street tyres and a pastel paint scheme.

De-cluttered wiring.

Ohlins forks
I saw this on eBay the other day - quite a cool looking thing

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2236231419