Emergency jump pack / portable battery pack

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Emergency jump pack / portable battery pack

Post by Clarkey » 25 Nov 2015, 20:57

Can anyone recommend a good value and long lasting emergency jump pack? Thinking of getting one for a family member at Christmas

This looks ok for the money, but I don't know much about them.

Sealey RS131 12V 900A Emergency Power Pack by Sealey http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/9801434716/r ... vwbS62Y334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I want something that can be left plugged in pretty much indefinitely and rarely used, but not be dead when it's needed. Also needs to be able to do car/van & motorbike

Any info appreciated

Live Forever or Die Trying

Marco
Reactions:
Re: Emergency jump pack / portable battery pack

Post by Marco » 25 Nov 2015, 21:21

My dads got one we use it when we go away to charge phones and that it has a decent life like but unlike the one ur lookin at u Carnt turn the positive clamp off. I think permanently charging any battery damages them my self I might be wrong. And it's 12v so will do bike and car

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 25 Nov 2015, 21:48

Marco wrote:My dads got one we use it when we go away to charge phones and that it has a decent life like but unlike the one ur lookin at u Carnt turn the positive clamp off. I think permanently charging any battery damages them my self I might be wrong. And it's 12v so will do bike and car
Cheers for the info

They should have charge controllers to manage the power? I'd hope anyway

What model does your dad have?

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 25 Nov 2015, 22:50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-4-IN-1 ... B000MP4SS8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His doesn't have one like but if u could get one with a trickle type charger I'm sure it would be fine but plugged into the car it won't be a constant charge

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 25 Nov 2015, 23:18

Ok thanks dude

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 26 Nov 2015, 08:14

I bought my father one about 8 years ago and it's been through hell jumped all sorts with it holds charge for weeks only thing thatdoesn't work is the torch but probably needs bulb changing. I even drove from Liverpool to Salford with it attached to a car as the alternater belt snapped in the dark for £20 it's probably earned more over the years for slow punctures lol

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 26 Nov 2015, 23:32

SMUDGER wrote:I bought my father one about 8 years ago and it's been through hell jumped all sorts with it holds charge for weeks only thing thatdoesn't work is the torch but probably needs bulb changing. I even drove from Liverpool to Salford with it attached to a car as the alternater belt snapped in the dark for £20 it's probably earned more over the years for slow punctures lol

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
plus one for smudgers shout but don't lose the charger cable, couldn't even give it away at our local car boot sale :/

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 27 Nov 2015, 19:09

Halfords have one on sale now for £40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 27 Nov 2015, 22:26

Thanks for the comments, and the tip on the Halfords one.

This is probably a stupid question, but these can be used on bikes too right? I can't see why not, but would rather ask

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 27 Nov 2015, 22:34

Clarkey wrote:Thanks for the comments, and the tip on the Halfords one.

This is probably a stupid question, but these can be used on bikes too right? I can't see why not, but would rather ask

yeah no worries, just remember earth to frame and live to the battery.

Don't ever let the AA/RAC etc jump you from their direct port, its 24v, blew 2 of my coil sticks.