Hi Again

Recently joined us? Come in and say hello!
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Hi Again

Post by Cabernet » 14 May 2017, 08:44

Dave_W wrote:Goldilocks? What are they Cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goldilocks and the three bears?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 14 May 2017, 08:51

Cabernet wrote:
Dave_W wrote:Goldilocks? What are they Cab?

Goldilocks and the three bears?
Too much weight for me I'm afraid. My ample arse on a 650 is more than enough so I don't think I'll bother with your suggested mod.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 15 May 2017, 10:49

I do like the super adventure bikes; KTM Super Adventure and BMW R1200 GS Adventure.

Although I'm getting to the stage in my life where I want to get rid of all my toys and only have 1 bike and 1 car to worry about.

I managed to sell the CBX750F, so I'm down to 2 bikes (2015 GSXR 1000 and 2003 VFR 800), and I'm contemplating chopping them both in for a Honda VFR1200F as most of my riding is commuting and then on-road short, local rides.

A while back I bought all the adventure gear with the intention of getting in some green trails, but it never happened as I never bought the bike (out of work for some time).

The thought of having a super adventure bike still appeals, but when it comes to £15,000+ for a bike, I need to start being sensible. An adventure bike would never cope with the narrow gaps in Manchester on my commute.
So maybe the next best thing is a sports tourer VFR1200F; it can commute (it's 25 mm wider than my current 2003 VFR800), it can take myself and my girlfriend on short local rides over the weekend, it would handle a European tour to Pyrenees in September this year, but falls short of the mark for green laning.
Best I just give up on the idea of ever owning an adventure bike and put all my rarely used adventure gear up for sake.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 15 May 2017, 10:51

Cabernet wrote:To put the above in context. The Kawasaki middle weights for me
The Versys 650, too sat up right.
The ZX6r too prone.
The Ninja 650 Tourer, Goldilocks.

Suzuki;
DL650 V-strom, too perpendicular
GSX-R600, too prone
GSX-S750, too many cylinders
SV650 2017, with fly screen, Goldilocks
I should add that smaller capacity bikes make a lot of sense.
My best biking memories stem from small capacity bikes, whereas the larger capacity bikes scare the crap out of me at times.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 15 May 2017, 20:33

pch1 wrote:I do like the super adventure bikes; KTM Super Adventure and BMW R1200 GS Adventure.

Although I'm getting to the stage in my life where I want to get rid of all my toys and only have 1 bike and 1 car to worry about.

I managed to sell the CBX750F, so I'm down to 2 bikes (2015 GSXR 1000 and 2003 VFR 800), and I'm contemplating chopping them both in for a Honda VFR1200F as most of my riding is commuting and then on-road short, local rides.

A while back I bought all the adventure gear with the intention of getting in some green trails, but it never happened as I never bought the bike (out of work for some time).

The thought of having a super adventure bike still appeals, but when it comes to £15,000+ for a bike, I need to start being sensible. An adventure bike would never cope with the narrow gaps in Manchester on my commute.
So maybe the next best thing is a sports tourer VFR1200F; it can commute (it's 25 mm wider than my current 2003 VFR800), it can take myself and my girlfriend on short local rides over the weekend, it would handle a European tour to Pyrenees in September this year, but falls short of the mark for green laning.
Best I just give up on the idea of ever owning an adventure bike and put all my rarely used adventure gear up for sake.
I get it, but why not match an SH300i with the VFR1200?

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 16 May 2017, 00:26

Cabernet wrote:
pch1 wrote:I do like the super adventure bikes; KTM Super Adventure and BMW R1200 GS Adventure.

Because she (the one who must be obeyed) demands I only have one bike.

PS I've watched scooters struggling to get through Manchester traffic; their mirrors on handlebars are a design oversight. I fold my mirrors in on the bike and I'm narrower than a scooter.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 16 May 2017, 00:28

Cabernet wrote:

And also...

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 16 May 2017, 07:05

pch1 wrote:
And also...
Why do you think I suggested it to a pussy whipped like you?

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 16 May 2017, 10:28

Cabernet wrote:
pch1 wrote:
And also...
I've moved on from that relationship and left it in St Helens where it belongs Image

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 16 May 2017, 12:42

pch1 wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
pch1 wrote:
And also...
I've moved on from that relationship and left it in St Helens where it belongs Image
Not according to you board avatar. Get it updated lad.