CBR600 - Cheap track bike for quick sale

Selling your old bike or some spare parts or clothing, this is the correct section for you.
NOTE - trade adverts will be removed without warning. All adverts must contain the following. Location, Contact details, Price and ideally pictures. Adverts missing any of the above will be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Please include a price and contact details of the item for sale
Posts will simply be removed by mods without.
Bumped posts will be removed without any warning.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
CBR600 - Cheap track bike for quick sale

Post by Clarkey » 16 Sep 2017, 11:42

I didn't sell my track bike last year, but knowing it's been sat there for quite a few years now and I'm not going to use it again I could do with the space... Before I go through the inevitable pissing about with eBay dreamers I thought I'd try posting on here again - feel free to make me an offer

In use it ran fine - obviously it's an old bike that's been used as a trackbike so if you're looking for a minter move on, but it did the job well and was perfect for a cheap toy. Unfortunately however I lowsided when I last used it, and whilst it didn't do much damage to the bike at all, it did crack the fairings when it went down so it'll need a new set.

I've been as honest as possible below, but if you have any questions please post on here or send a PM.

Main Details
[*]The bike - 1995 CBR600FS trackbike – no V5, but bought from Sling Shot Racing in Preston with an intact frame number, plus I ran the number through the police before purchase and they had no record of it being stolen etc – I’m a little over cautious with stuff like that!
[*]It has adjustable Ohlins rear suspension with Kais front internals - to be honest these bits are probably worth more than the bike, lol, and are what attracted me to it in the first place
[*]Part worn dry racing tyres on the rims
[*]Trackday fuel cap and on/off switch ignition for ease at the track (no hunting for keys)
[*]Plus 2 rear genuine rims (one with wet tyre, one with dry), 1 front genuine rim (with wet tyre), plus a spare front and rear dry tyre
[*]The spare wheels come with brake discs in excellent near new condition (so if you swap the wheels you don’t have to faff with that – plus discs are worth a few quid so handy as spares)
[*]Tyre warmers (they’re well used, but work fine)

It needs
[*]New fairings (you might get away with re-using the seat unit and I did start to sand it down, but you can get a complete set of race / trackday fairings for less than £250 including seat unit, so personally I’d just get a set)
[*]Though I’ve only used it on 2 trackdays since I did oil and filters etc, I’d refresh them as I would when I buy any bike
[*]Needs new battery
[*]The rev counter doesn’t work properly, seem to be 2x the actual revs. It’s been like that since I bought it, probably an easy fix if you got second hand clocks - I didn’t find it a problem as you can hear / feel the engine, but just being honest.

Here is a photo of it from Donington with the tyre warmers on so you can get an idea of what it'll look like with new fairings – the colour scheme and stickers that were on there before were certainly not my choice, but that’s how it came and it was functional, so I spent money on decent oil etc instead. I really like this photo, properly good memories for me – but I had moved the seat back to charge the battery, and I regret not pushing the seat unit forward again before taking the picture!!

This was before I dropped it - first photo above is recent

If you did a trackday on a modern bike and fell off, the repairs would likely cost more than I’m after for this thing! I really REALLY enjoyed it, properly good memories especially as with the suspension it handles so much better than you'd first think.

Of course it's an older bike now which I've had my fun with and want rid of, so the price will reflect that, but could be of interest to someone after a cheap or first track toy

Drop me a line if you're interested - I'd consider any genuine offer so please do get in touch

Cheers

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: CBR600 - Cheap track bike for quick sale

Post by norifan » 18 Sep 2017, 11:40

Can I ask for an idea how much you are looking for please, Clarkey?

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 18 Sep 2017, 18:02

norifan wrote:Can I ask for an idea how much you are looking for please, Clarkey?
Hi Norifan

Being totally honest the bike cost me £1200, the wheels a few hundred more (all genuine Honda with nearly new disks) - the tyres about £40 each I think... Plus little parts like fuel cap etc

However - I've had my fun, fallen off it, and it's been sat a few years... So sold as is including the wheels I'd be hoping for offers close to £800? That's less than half what it stands me at so hopefully a good buy to someone, but realistic too. I'd happily take offers for the bike in its own as I can get rid of the wheels easily enough

If I had the spare time and money I'd love to keep it and do a few more track days, but I need to admit to myself it ain't happening!

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 18 Sep 2017, 20:00

Cheers Clarkey, that's prob about what I thought to be fair, I'll have a weigh up. Nice one ta.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 11:12

Ok, could do with selling this as it's stored in a relatives garage and they want the space back...

Before I finally go down the eBay route (and risk of time wasters) is anyone on here interested and want to make an offer? Somewhere close to 600 would take it if you could collect within a week - cheap fun for that. I'd consider doing the bike on it's own for less as I already have offers for the wheels

Cheers

Live Forever or Die Trying

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 03 Feb 2018, 14:00

Cheap considering the spec.

If i wasnt shifting my cbr on i would have had that mate.

uk13iker
Reactions:

Post by uk13iker » 21 Feb 2018, 08:57

Did you sell this mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 21 Feb 2018, 09:32

uk13iker wrote:Did you sell this mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, still got it but only through laziness / trying to avoid eBay time wasters

My mate and i have even talked about getting some fairings and doing a track day on it as that seems easier than eBay, lol, but we're only dreaming as I don't have time

You interested?

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 01 Apr 2018, 19:02

Have you still got this? Started a new job and lad I work with is after a track bike.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 01 Apr 2018, 19:05

Hi

Yes, honestly every week I promise myself I'll list it on eBay, then weekend comes and I can't face it

Very much open to offers, with or without the spare wheels

Cheers for thinking of it, appreciated