CBR600 - Bargain Track Bike

Selling your old bike or some spare parts or clothing, this is the correct section for you.
NOTE - trade adverts will be removed without warning. All adverts must contain the following. Location, Contact details, Price and ideally pictures. Adverts missing any of the above will be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Please include a price and contact details of the item for sale
Posts will simply be removed by mods without.
Bumped posts will be removed without any warning.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
CBR600 - Bargain Track Bike

Post by Clarkey » 29 Mar 2016, 19:28

I've got a CBR600 which I've done a couple of track days on, but I've not used it for some time and am unlikely to get chance to do it again for a while longer. I'm still a little unsure if I do actually want to get rid, but a guy at work asked for some pictures and details so thought I'd post the details on here too see if I get any offers

Last time I used it it ran fine, obviously it's an old bike but it did the job well, and was perfect for a cheap toy! Unfortunately however I lowsided when I last used it, and whilst it didn't do much damage to the bike, it did crack the fairings when it went down so it'll need a new set.

I've been as honest as possible below, but if you have any questions please post on here or send a PM.

Main Details
[*]The bike - 1995 CBR600FS trackbike – no V5, but bought from Sling Shot Racing in Preston with an intact frame number, plus I ran the number through the police before purchase and they had no record of it being stolen etc – I’m a little over cautious with stuff like that!
[*]It has adjustable Ohlins rear suspension with Kais front internals - to be honest these bits are probably worth more than the bike, lol, and are what attracted me to it in the first place
[*]Part worn dry racing tyres on the rims
[*]Trackday fuel cap and on/off switch ignition for ease at the track (no hunting for keys)

It needs
[*]New fairings (you might get away with re-using the seat unitand I did start to sand it down, but you can get a complete set of race / trackday fairings for less than £250 including seat unit, so personally I’d just get a set)
[*]Though I’ve only used it on 2 trackdays since I did oil and filters etc, I’d refresh them as I would when I buy any bike
Needs new battery
[*]The rev counter doesn’t work properly, seem to be 2x the actual revs. It’s been like that since I bought it, probably an easy fix if you got second hand clocks - I didn’t find it a problem as you can hear / feel the engine, but just being honest.
Bike.jpg
I’m happy to sell the bike on its own, but would take an offer for some or all the following spares:
[*]Plus 2 rear genuine rims (one with wet tyre, one with dry), 1 front genuine rim (with wet tyre), plus a spare front and rear dry tyre
[*]The spare wheels come with brake discs in excellent condition (so if you swap the wheels you don’t have to faff with that – plus discs are worth a few quid so handy as spares)
[*]Tyre warmers (they’re well used, but work fine)
[*]Front & Rear paddock stand
Tyres.jpg
Here is a photo of it from Donington with the tyre warmers on so you can get an idea of what it'll look like with new fairings – the colour scheme and stickers that were on there before were certainly not my choice, but that’s how it came and it was functional, so I spent money on decent oil etc instead. I really like this photo, properly good memories for me – but I had moved the seat back to charge the battery, and I regret not pushing the seat unit forward again before taking the picture!!
Trackday.jpg

If you did a trackday on a modern bike and fell off, the repairs would likely cost more than I’m after for this thing! I really REALLY enjoyed it, properly good memories especially as with the suspension it handles so much better than you'd first think.

Of course it's an older bike now, and the price will reflect that, but could be of interest to someone after a cheap or first track toy

Drop me a line if you're interested

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lee
Reactions:
Re: CBR600 - Bargain Track Bike

Post by lee » 29 Mar 2016, 19:45

That looks exactly the kind of thing smudger was after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 29 Mar 2016, 20:40

lee wrote:That looks exactly the kind of thing smudger was after.

Would look great in red pmsl

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 29 Mar 2016, 21:08

Wouldnt fit in his kitchen
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 29 Mar 2016, 21:12

cupidstunt wrote:Wouldnt fit in his kitchen
I'm sure it would fit if Smudger took it apart and sprayed it red.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 29 Mar 2016, 22:03

Haha nothing atall what I'm after

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 29 Mar 2016, 22:10

In all seriousness its a good package for someone starting out. Very rare to find ohlins for the steely cbrs.
Good luck with the sale.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 29 Mar 2016, 22:30

lee wrote:In all seriousness its a good package for someone starting out. Very rare to find ohlins for the steely cbrs.
Good luck with the sale.

Cheers Lee

Live Forever or Die Trying

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 30 Mar 2016, 06:24

Clarkey stick it on the cbr steel frame racers Facebook

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 30 Mar 2016, 18:03

SMUDGER wrote:Clarkey stick it on the cbr steel frame racers Facebook

Cheers smudge, but not on Facebook and got a couple of interested parties so I'm not pushing just yet

Live Forever or Die Trying