Love this r1. I'm so veering (in choices), all over the plac

Enough Said!
ListerTheStupid
Reactions:
Re: Love this r1. I'm so veering (in choices), all over the

Post by ListerTheStupid » 02 Sep 2015, 15:55

Cabernet wrote:
ListerTheStupid wrote: Down side!!! Drank like a Irish drunk. No need for the power on UK roads. Used everyday for work run...
In my opinion there is no need for bikes to be over 600cc for road/commuters, YOU CANT USE THE POWER!
A 250/300cc is the golden number/s even for weekend blasts.
A 125cc for commuting and a 300cc for fun days out.
Leave the 600/750/1000cc for track days.
Almost agreed, except I wouldn't link it to cc, but power/torque output.
The A2 limit of 35Kw (48bhp) is ideal for all except track day and two up touring work.
Totally agree. The 250/300/500cc all have =/< than 48bhp. So the perfect bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 02 Sep 2015, 17:06

Wow. Thank you all. I totally understand and good advice. Just loved the look of the bike but true not going to get the advantage so yes maybe a 400 to 600 is the best option. When I first came on here over a year ago I had an idea I would get a comfy ride when I passed but now I have broadened my views mainly due to the great advice you all give. Your experience and knowledge is why I post things to learn not just how to ride but to enjoy the ride and grow with the ride. There are some fantastic bikes out there and some within my price aswell. It's just finding the one I will never want to get off. I love riding my 125 as it is. :)
Got to admit though it's a real sexy bit of kit. :)

sent from somewhere in the uk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 02 Sep 2015, 17:40

All this great advice but my two pennies for all its worth its not the bike that's the problem it's the pillock riding it. If it comes with 150bhp you don't need to use it a 1 litre bike can be ridden just the same way as a 125

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 02 Sep 2015, 19:02

ListerTheStupid wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
ListerTheStupid wrote: Down side!!! Drank like a Irish drunk. No need for the power on UK roads. Used everyday for work run...
In my opinion there is no need for bikes to be over 600cc for road/commuters, YOU CANT USE THE POWER!
A 250/300cc is the golden number/s even for weekend blasts.
A 125cc for commuting and a 300cc for fun days out.
Leave the 600/750/1000cc for track days.
Almost agreed, except I wouldn't link it to cc, but power/torque output.
The A2 limit of 35Kw (48bhp) is ideal for all except track day and two up touring work.
Totally agree. The 250/300/500cc all have =/< than 48bhp. So the perfect bike.

As well as a certain 750 aircooled V twin for the discerning taste.
Glad you agree.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 02 Sep 2015, 19:42

As much as I agree 125 - 1000 is a bit of a jump I also think just because you can't do 150 mph legally doesn't automatically make sports bikes pointless.. I love my 600 and I'm not one for crazy speeds as my licence means to much to me being a lorry driver.. If you don't open the door and love what you see what's the point..

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 02 Sep 2015, 20:32

from a 125 to an R1????? thought they had brought in all these new A1 A2 licences and tests to stop this happening !!!!

i think the R1 is a fantastic machine but at your time in life right now its madness ! a one way ticket to a big accident …the power from those machines is phenomenal in the dry and lethal in the wet ..think very very carefully if you are legally allowed to ride that
:

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 02 Sep 2015, 21:59

I went from a 125 to a 600, then 800 then 1000 in the space of 18 months, I was 31 when I passed my test and had no intention of riding like a lunatic and so wasn't really worried about engine size etc etc. Just got a bike I liked then one I liked a bit more and so on.
Its easy for people to say do this, don't do that but it comes down to what you want.
Buy a bike you look at and it makes you want to ride it. And remember that the bike isn't a robot. It does what you tell it to, it can only go as fast as you let it with your right wrist, no matter what size engine

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 02 Sep 2015, 22:07

But you'll never get the satisfaction of mastering it without mastering all the intermediate bikes beneath it.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 02 Sep 2015, 22:19

The only reason i have a big bike is to carry my big lash around
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 02 Sep 2015, 22:44

cupidstunt wrote:The only reason i have a big wide bike is so that my saggy arse cheeks don't drag on the ground.
Corrected.