My winter resto

Enough Said!
Post Reply
User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 792
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
My winter resto

Post by Stumoores » 24 Feb 2018, 15:37

Bought this last October with its front end off. Finished it last week. I'm off for an MOT Monday then gonna put the reg. On a retainer ( never done owt like this before but the previous owner thought it was the way forward) I enjoyed the build and will probably flog it to fund next winters thing. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 753
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: My winter resto

Post by Clarkey » 24 Feb 2018, 18:15

Stumoores wrote:Bought this last October with its front end off. Finished it last week. I'm off for an MOT Monday then gonna put the reg. On a retainer ( never done owt like this before but the previous owner thought it was the way forward) I enjoyed the build and will probably flog it to fund next winters thing. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Looks good

Do you have any 'before' photos?

Live Forever or Die Trying


User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 792
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: My winter resto

Post by Stumoores » 24 Feb 2018, 19:08

Ta mate. I've got tons of before pics but due to phone swapping issues x4 (and subsequent multiple sd card encryptions) I can't bloody access them. I've had the company IT wallers on the case for the last 4 months to no avail. Can't complain too much though as it made me sack off the digital life for a while. I was pleasantly suprised when I came back on here it felt like it was dying.


Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 753
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: My winter resto

Post by Clarkey » 24 Feb 2018, 21:01

Stumoores wrote:Ta mate. I've got tons of before pics but due to phone swapping issues x4 (and subsequent multiple sd card encryptions) I can't bloody access them. I've had the company IT wallers on the case for the last 4 months to no avail. Can't complain too much though as it made me sack off the digital life for a while. I was pleasantly suprised when I came back on here it felt like it was dying.


Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I'm sure they'll get there... It's worth having Google drive / Google photo set up so it auto backs up your photos, you get unlimited uploads if you have it on 'good' quality setting

If you find any before photos please share

What did you do then, and did you have to pay anyone to do stuff?

Live Forever or Die Trying


User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 792
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: My winter resto

Post by Stumoores » 24 Feb 2018, 21:08

The powder coating was the only job I farmed out. Total strip down. New head bearings. A carb repair. Fresh tyres. Suspension service and fresh engine gaskets. All the brakes serviced. It's fully auto and 50cc. I was tempted to de-restrict but ended up going down the standard route. I won't lie I did think about giving it the old chop n wide rim mod.


Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 792
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: My winter resto

Post by Stumoores » 26 Feb 2018, 21:18

Well it passed. I CBA with putting the reg on a retainer tho. Just gonna run it until spring then it's up for sale. Still had no luck recovering my pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 753
Joined: 30 Mar 2015, 16:14
Re: My winter resto

Post by Clarkey » 26 Feb 2018, 21:35

Stumoores wrote:Well it passed. I CBA with putting the reg on a retainer tho. Just gonna run it until spring then it's up for sale. Still had no luck recovering my pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Excellent - good to hear. I don't know how you could spend that much time working on something then not wanting to keep it, but if I had the skill to do stuff up maybe I'd understand more so fair enough

Live Forever or Die Trying



Post Reply