Lexmoto Arizona 125.

Enough Said!
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Lexmoto Arizona 125.

Post by Cabernet » 25 Apr 2017, 17:31

J..R wrote: Short version it dropped 3rd gear just before christmas.
That'll be ragging it round 3 sister, thrapping it within an inch of it's life month in month out.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

J..R
Reactions:

Post by J..R » 26 Apr 2017, 12:04

Cabernet wrote:
That'll be ragging it round 3 sister, thrapping it within an inch of it's life month in month out.
I thought it may have been from the one time I was there in all honesty, I was going to go back around this year, but work & saving up for a house repair's etc has sadly stopped all thought's of that.
pch1 wrote:Hi John

Have you still got the Lexmoto Arizona, and what are your thoughts/review after two years ownership?

Old thread, I know, but was lurking on John's profile and wondered about the newer Lexmoto's.
Paul,

After 18 months of owning the bike now and doing just shy of 15,200km on it, riding in all weathers, to work and photographing football amongst other things in the north west, its still going absolutely strong.

Apart from the two issue's that I've mentioned in the short version I haven't had any trouble with it since.

Servicing: Up until January it had been serviced by either the place it was bought from or at the garage round the back of where I work, although I am now carrying out the services on my own with a bit of help in regards to the tappit's being checked etc by a few good friends, and updating the online notes as it was done. Compared to the every 3000km that the manual states.

Cosmetics: There is a few spots of rust on the bike, but compared to some I've seen which are much newer its not in a bad condition at all considering I ride in all weather, Every week the bike is cleaned & after every ride I check the chain tension & if needed adjust it.

Tyre wise, I have replaced the rear tyre & tube with a "Kingstone" tyre from CMPO (Chinese motor parts online), and found its still extremely grippy in the wet, the front is still the same one which it came with.

I have been advised though when I am due to change the tyre's to go for Pirelli City Demon's, which I'll be trying probably in the summer.

Chain/Sprockets: The top speed that the bike is said to reach is 65mph, that is true but also when you consider its gearing isn't set up for speed you do feel you could do with a bit "more" top end. I have looked into this, but for me 65mph is more than enough for the routes/roads I ride. 15T Front 39T Rear 428 chain.
The only downside is that you can't get a DID chain, you can get a heavy duty one but after comparing them to the original chain I can't really see much difference.

Engine: For the winter riding, you will find that you do need a fair bit of choke to start off on a very cold day, but once up to temp the bike never fails to start first time. During the summer month's though, you will hardly have any trouble at all

Electrical System: The first thing that you should do is unplug the side stand kill switch, that was the first problem I had with the bike, and after taking it to the shop as I was concerned more than anything they said that they usually do, but people had ridden away with it still down.

Unfortunately that's all I can think of at the moment, but it should give a few thoughts on them.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 26 Apr 2017, 15:05

That's a very in depth review of your Lexmoto Arizona, thanks John.

I was asking after your thoughts on the Lexmoto because I bought my nephew an AJS Regal Raptor with very low mileage (less than 300 miles if I recall correctly). The AJS wasn't very smooth to ride and the camshaft snapped around the 2000 mile mark. The engine was rebuilt, but a week later there was a valve/piston disagreement at 50 mph.
The garage in Warrington advised us to scrap the bike and we sold it on eBay as spares/repairs.

I came close to purchasing my nephew a Lexmoto or Derbi, but my previous experience of non-Japanese bikes put me off. After much deliberation I settled on, and bought a Suzuki GZ125 Marauder, which seems to have been a good buy - it has a big bike feel and is smooth to ride.
J..R wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
I thought it may have been from the one time I was there in all honesty, I was going to go back around this year, but work & saving up for a house repair's etc has sadly stopped all thought's of that.
pch1 wrote:Hi John

Have you still got the Lexmoto Arizona, and what are your thoughts/review after two years ownership?

Old thread, I know, but was lurking on John's profile and wondered about the newer Lexmoto's.
Paul,

After 18 months of owning the bike now and doing just shy of 15,200km on it, riding in all weathers, to work and photographing football amongst other things in the north west, its still going absolutely strong.

Apart from the two issue's that I've mentioned in the short version I haven't had any trouble with it since.

Servicing: Up until January it had been serviced by either the place it was bought from or at the garage round the back of where I work, although I am now carrying out the services on my own with a bit of help in regards to the tappit's being checked etc by a few good friends, and updating the online notes as it was done. Compared to the every 3000km that the manual states.

Cosmetics: There is a few spots of rust on the bike, but compared to some I've seen which are much newer its not in a bad condition at all considering I ride in all weather, Every week the bike is cleaned & after every ride I check the chain tension & if needed adjust it.

Tyre wise, I have replaced the rear tyre & tube with a "Kingstone" tyre from CMPO (Chinese motor parts online), and found its still extremely grippy in the wet, the front is still the same one which it came with.

I have been advised though when I am due to change the tyre's to go for Pirelli City Demon's, which I'll be trying probably in the summer.

Chain/Sprockets: The top speed that the bike is said to reach is 65mph, that is true but also when you consider its gearing isn't set up for speed you do feel you could do with a bit "more" top end. I have looked into this, but for me 65mph is more than enough for the routes/roads I ride. 15T Front 39T Rear 428 chain.
The only downside is that you can't get a DID chain, you can get a heavy duty one but after comparing them to the original chain I can't really see much difference.

Engine: For the winter riding, you will find that you do need a fair bit of choke to start off on a very cold day, but once up to temp the bike never fails to start first time. During the summer month's though, you will hardly have any trouble at all

Electrical System: The first thing that you should do is unplug the side stand kill switch, that was the first problem I had with the bike, and after taking it to the shop as I was concerned more than anything they said that they usually do, but people had ridden away with it still down.

Unfortunately that's all I can think of at the moment, but it should give a few thoughts on them.

J..R
Reactions:

Post by J..R » 26 Apr 2017, 15:19

pch1 wrote:That's a very in depth review of your Lexmoto Arizona, thanks John.

I was asking after your thoughts on the Lexmoto because I bought my nephew an AJS Regal Raptor with very low mileage (less than 300 miles if I recall correctly). The AJS wasn't very smooth to ride and the camshaft snapped around the 2000 mile mark. The engine was rebuilt, but a week later there was a valve/piston disagreement at 50 mph.
The garage in Warrington advised us to scrap the bike and we sold it on eBay as spares/repairs.

I came close to purchasing my nephew a Lexmoto or Derbi, but my previous experience of non-Japanese bikes put me off. After much deliberation I settled on, and bought a Suzuki GZ125 Marauder, which seems to have been a good buy - it has a big bike feel and is smooth to ride.
Hi Paul,

I am aware that a few have had problems with Lexmoto's/AJS and associated brands in the past, and more recently a couple I know have sold the bikes to go for Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha 125's as they had a lot of problems with them.

Although mines Lexmoto, the actual make for the bike is Zongshen who are the original makers.

I did go and look at a GZ125 Marauder in a couple of places, but for some reason I didn't gel with the bikes at all.