Back it off a bit.

Share your wealth of knowledge and tips in here, or links to any externally hosted manuals
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Back it off a bit.

Post by Cabernet » 16 Sep 2016, 13:37

Was out with Pip and AntBrad last Sunday. Had a top day, but the warnings of change were present. Although dry, the breeze was causing the first trees to drop. With the rain this week and Autumn taking its’ hold, we could find ourselves turning off the beaten track or even rolling into an avenue of trees and find a decidedly slippery road surface. Just give yourself that bit extra margin for error.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

pip
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Back it off a bit.

Post by pip » 17 Sep 2016, 17:48

ill second that kev.although i did find the fallen tree limbo a first and entertaining.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 17 Sep 2016, 18:07

Entertaining it was. Ant, Pip & I took a low road out of Denbigh. Used it with Beechy a few weeks prior. It is a fun lane that is tight in places, but allows some pace in others. On the major road we passed some cyclists having emerged from a minor T. Lots of hand guestures from them like MAMiL do sometimes, I ignored them as a dummy launching spat, but as we weren't full on hooning, that sixth sense was not happy and I backed off a bit. A good few minutes on there was a farmers 4x4 parked up with a fallen tree in front. The tree had toppled from a high bank on the left and the farmer was clearing branches from the right. I got close and saw a clear arch in front of the 4x4 and made for it. The farmer turn and saw me but I looked away at the gap. Chin on the tank, limbo under the trunk with feet up and gone. Apparently the farmer looked at Ant and Pip, shrugged his and gestured them on too.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Trev
Reactions:

Post by Trev » 17 Sep 2016, 18:09

Wise words mate.