Caliper swap

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Caliper swap

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 24 Aug 2015, 23:46

Does anyone know of any calipers 65mm centre to centre (mounts) that i could use to upgrade a CX500's front brakes?

Attempting to go 4 pot without the need for an adapter bracket.

Thanks y'all.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Caliper swap

Post by Cabernet » 25 Aug 2015, 05:01

There's no point upgrading the brakes without doing the front suspension to.
The OE front suspension was pretty soft any way and will just dive to the stops with 4 pots and a modern tyre.
I would leave as is or swap the top yoke and down for something modern carrying the same mass.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 25 Aug 2015, 20:26

Cabernet wrote:There's no point upgrading the brakes without doing the front suspension to.
The OE front suspension was pretty soft any way and will just dive to the stops with 4 pots and a modern tyre.
I would leave as is or swap the top yoke and down for something modern carrying the same mass.
the 2006 cbr600 rr front ends fits on directly its just the wheel issue then, as i really want wire wheels but haven't seen any decently priced wire wheel conversions for the CBR. The CX can be changed for £90 a wheel from mag to spoke.

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 25 Aug 2015, 20:57

the OE wheels on the CX when it was first introduced where state of the art ! I'm taking it your not doing a refurb back to std ?
:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 25 Aug 2015, 21:06

A Sachs 800 front end would look great if you could find one.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-revi ... /800/2000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 26 Aug 2015, 22:52

Dave wrote:the OE wheels on the CX when it was first introduced where state of the art ! I'm taking it your not doing a refurb back to std ?
oh no, its for my Boss, he wants a Brat/street tracker style bike and i had this lay about. They look decent powder coated black them comstars but the bike has so many over engineered parts and other heavy components, its getting a big shave :)