Guess whats back?

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Guess whats back?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 13 Nov 2015, 08:53

Obv i'm not doing the rear hugger like that, was just merely for my own amusement last night & to see the colour difference

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 13 Nov 2015, 11:07

I tried carbon wrap a while back it's all them damn curves needless to say after so many attempts and even trying hydrodip I gave up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jazzi
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jazzi » 13 Nov 2015, 13:18

I know your pain...

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 13 Nov 2015, 23:32

Oh i'm glad at least two others had a bit of a nightmare.

Nearly gave up tonight.

Firstly the 'rubbing alcohol' i bought from the vinyl suppliers took some of the lacquer off my real carbon.

Then i dropped the front mudguard on my carpet which pulled shed loads of wool fibres off the rug and ruined a 80% finished part FFS.

Here's what i've ended up with tonight, front fender 2nd attempt was a half arsed attempt (was in a sulk by now)

I think i'll get my sprayer to wrap the lowers.

The tank and under the rear seat section are surprisingly flat shapes thank Fudge.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 14 Nov 2015, 18:18

You obviously took your time to get that level of finish. I've done loads and the good quality stuff works best. The glue gives up on the cheap stuff when your working it. Proper fiddly tho.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 14 Nov 2015, 22:59

Stumoores wrote:You obviously took your time to get that level of finish. I've done loads and the good quality stuff works best. The glue gives up on the cheap stuff when your working it. Proper fiddly tho.
i did yeah, not a fan of doing things three times over (and spending too much ££)

I wasn't told about a brush on primer i should have purchased too for tight internal corners and parts where it needs to be stretched to fill a lower void.

It'll be fine for now until i've the £ to pay a professional to do it (that way any bubbles they have to rectify which saves me an evening of hiding in the garage with my girlfriends hairdryer)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 15 Nov 2015, 00:15

To be fair to myself, you wouldn't know a sausage finger'd northerner did it;

ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 16 Nov 2015, 17:21

Looks good, I found out the other day my brothers done a course in window tinting and wrapping cars, gonna take the bits I did myself to him over winter to be done again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 16 Nov 2015, 19:25

Pacuk wrote:Looks good, I found out the other day my brothers done a course in window tinting and wrapping cars, gonna take the bits I did myself to him over winter to be done again

my ears just pricked up, does he fancy doing some of mine? I found it uber frustrating due to not having the primer solution, has lifted in places. Not a problem in the parts i've done as they are low down but the next job is the tank
And rear tail sections which will be on show.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 16 Nov 2015, 19:33

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Pacuk wrote:Looks good, I found out the other day my brothers done a course in window tinting and wrapping cars, gonna take the bits I did myself to him over winter to be done again

my ears just pricked up, does he fancy doing some of mine? I found it uber frustrating due to not having the primer solution, has lifted in places. Not a problem in the parts i've done as they are low down but the next job is the tank
And rear tail sections which will be on show.
Ill ask him when I take mine if he does a good job :) ...