Project "casualty"

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
yazza5454
Reactions:
Re: Project "casualty"

Post by yazza5454 » 01 Oct 2015, 10:54

Haha bit of a turn around. So are you swapping all the tasty bits to the new bike including your digital ignition etc?

I was expecting you to get in the 50s hp wise, was that at the wheel or crank? Hasn't the engine had work too... Is that going with the bike or you swapping that in its entirety too?

P.s didn't know you had a RG, you have good taste ;)

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 01 Oct 2015, 12:00

yes, the current bike will be put back to as i bought it - but freshened up engine and new genuine fork seals and a good clean up. i have no doubt i will easily get my money back on this as it is already road registered and the last of the CR's being an 07 (£3750)
The brand new bike is also an 07 so identical, however condition wise is as you would expect from a brand new bike really.
there is a scratch on the swingarm which is minor, boot rub mark on the clutch cover, and the seat cover is aftermarket after a bike fell on the seat and pierced the cover.

The new bike will get all the bits transferred over, wheels, ECU, clocks, etc etc

Power wise with some tuning would see mid 50's with ease but i like the idea of reliability and longer life pistons so i would take high 40's and 10 - 14 hour piston life and crank refreshes every couple of years.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 01 Oct 2015, 13:45

yazza5454 wrote: P.s didn't know you had a RG, you have good taste ;)
I have some interesting bits and pieces i have collected over the years. all are used, none are polished garage queens.

yazza5454
Reactions:

Post by yazza5454 » 02 Oct 2015, 22:56

Agree there mate, those motors Ian has pushing 65hp out do go through pistons and full rebuilds at a much faster rate than you'll want!! I bet it's a right laugh to ride. Best to be safe, it always bothers me where people get carried away checking the fuelling at full throttle and never spend a bit of time at part throttle! Hopefully the sieze was a case of a cleanup and throw it back in. Tell you what some of the best 2 stroke race engines we had when karting had rough as fuck Pistons in them that had been seized and filed/rubbed back!!

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 03 Oct 2015, 09:34

whoops, bought another lol
this one is a proper clean and minty 5 hour from new 2003 model CR
it was local and priced right and comes with so much other stuff and spares.
i seem to be getting hooked on these CR's

the seize was indeed a slight mark on the piston and the barrel was perfect and he did say it would clean, but if selling that bike i would rather it was just replaced and sold in 100% health and in perfect order. for the sake of a few quid it's nice not to shit on a potential buyer and sleep well at night. besides it's not as if it will be a cheap bike or the target buyer will be some kid as a field bike.