Project bike in the post

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Project bike in the post

Post by SMUDGER » 09 Jul 2015, 12:00

Thought I could have it done in a few weeks oh how wrong was I some parts obsolete some parts are ridiculously priced constant eBay checking phoning salvage yards...
She is roadworthy tho minus mirrors so mot Saturday then it's the waiting game for parts

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 09 Jul 2015, 20:00

Few parts on today and now it won't fire grrrrr

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 11:31

So last night I gave the old girl some nice shiny iridium plugs pressed the start button she fired into life purred like a kitten left her running for a couple of minutes then she started to make a gurgling sound and she ejected a milky coffee type fluid out the engine breather I presume this to be water and oil from mixing when she was lying on floor and now she won't start and sometimes a metal knocking noise when she tries to crank I'm hoping engine is fine and the knocking is just no oil noise

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 11 Jul 2015, 22:19

SMUDGER wrote:So last night I gave the old girl some nice shiny iridium plugs pressed the start button she fired into life purred like a kitten left her running for a couple of minutes then she started to make a gurgling sound and she ejected a milky coffee type fluid out the engine breather I presume this to be water and oil from mixing when she was lying on floor and now she won't start and sometimes a metal knocking noise when she tries to crank I'm hoping engine is fine and the knocking is just no oil noise

If the situation is 'I hope there is no oil in this running (!!!) engine', something has gone to shit I recon

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 11 Jul 2015, 22:38

Is this the same as yours mate
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks to have your mirrors if so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 22:46

Pacuk wrote:Is this the same as yours mate
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks to have your mirrors if so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's same but mine beige he don't have mirrors

Last edited by SMUDGER on 11 Jul 2015, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 11 Jul 2015, 22:47

Clarkey wrote:
SMUDGER wrote:So last night I gave the old girl some nice shiny iridium plugs pressed the start button she fired into life purred like a kitten left her running for a couple of minutes then she started to make a gurgling sound and she ejected a milky coffee type fluid out the engine breather I presume this to be water and oil from mixing when she was lying on floor and now she won't start and sometimes a metal knocking noise when she tries to crank I'm hoping engine is fine and the knocking is just no oil noise

If the situation is 'I hope there is no oil in this running (!!!) engine', something has gone to shit I recon
I did put 1 litre in it before I started her as view glass is too cloudy

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 12 Jul 2015, 15:27

After a engine flush some fresh oil took a lot of cranking to finally fire she runs again trys cutting out when I give a bit of throttle. plenty of blue smoke so I'm presuming now that the coffee oil has gone into carbs, headers and exhaust

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 13 Jul 2015, 18:48

So today after work I got power back full throttle and she puts out a few revs but after warmed up still blue smoke amongst a very familiar smell of steam my conclusion is old oil burning still with a blown head gasket so I'm faced now with a total engine rebuild new clutch or do I go cheaper option of replacing engine or do I fix the rad leak n drop steal seal in hope for best this bike is turning into a real money pit

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 13 Jul 2015, 19:02

SMUDGER wrote:So today after work I got power back full throttle and she puts out a few revs but after warmed up still blue smoke amongst a very familiar smell of steam my conclusion is old oil burning still with a blown head gasket so I'm faced now with a total engine rebuild new clutch or do I go cheaper option of replacing engine or do I fix the rad leak n drop steal seal in hope for best this bike is turning into a real money pit

Don't know if this helps or confuses more. Good luck though mate

https://forum.motorcyclenews.com/topic/ ... p-needed/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;