My name is still Will and I buy old shit on a whim

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: My name is still Will and I buy old shit on a whim

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 25 Jan 2024, 23:01

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote: Eh?
Yeah, new Mg electric issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you elaborate? A colleague has been looking at an MG, they seem to get great reviews overall
Depends on model.
He had the first gen ZS EV (2017) brilliant car, not one issue, properly quick too.

Traded it in for the MG 4 and he’s been plagued with issues, still won’t fast charge, phantom crash warnings and emergency stopping, head unit failed twice and replaced twice. Electric windows stopped working- bad earths. Other than that it’s been ok I guess but Christ he’s not driven it further than 10 miles in 6 months due to it not charging, just going around and around with MG and MG finance. Daft.

My ex wife has the new ZS EV, no issues with that either. These 4’s seem rushed to market.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: My name is still Will and I buy old shit on a whim

Post by Clarkey » 26 Jan 2024, 00:21

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote: Yeah, new Mg electric issues

Could you elaborate? A colleague has been looking at an MG, they seem to get great reviews overall
Depends on model.
He had the first gen ZS EV (2017) brilliant car, not one issue, properly quick too.

Traded it in for the MG 4 and he’s been plagued with issues, still won’t fast charge, phantom crash warnings and emergency stopping, head unit failed twice and replaced twice. Electric windows stopped working- bad earths. Other than that it’s been ok I guess but Christ he’s not driven it further than 10 miles in 6 months due to it not charging, just going around and around with MG and MG finance. Daft.

My ex wife has the new ZS EV, no issues with that either. These 4’s seem rushed to market.

Ah ok fair enough, cheers that's interesting to know