Another impulse buy CX500

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 892
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by Stumoores » 25 Sep 2018, 12:42

I tried a fire blade front end on mine but wanted t keep the comstar wheels as they were in mint condition and I liked the look of em. Obv. Spokes are the one but your into some serious dough then, I’ve slowed up on the XJ, gonna get it ready for the Manx gp 2019.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 1774
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 22:31
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 25 Sep 2018, 13:31

Stumoores wrote:I tried a fire blade front end on mine but wanted t keep the comstar wheels as they were in mint condition and I liked the look of em. Obv. Spokes are the one but your into some serious dough then, I’ve slowed up on the XJ, gonna get it ready for the Manx gp 2019.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Still yet to get there, never seem to have money when the ferry tickets are released.

Quite fancy another Benelli to be honest with you, have yet to ride something so intuitive and responsive.

User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 892
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by Stumoores » 25 Sep 2018, 13:40

I know how you feel I thought the same with my blade.... until i threw a leg over the Daytona. If they do a 765 I’m probably in trouble and may have to sell a kidney


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 1774
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 22:31
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 25 Sep 2018, 16:34

Stumoores wrote:I know how you feel I thought the same with my blade.... until i threw a leg over the Daytona. If they do a 765 I’m probably in trouble and may have to sell a kidney


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember looking at Ian’s Daytona, sure Bradders had one too- lovely looking machines, they remind me of Ducati 848’s

User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 892
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by Stumoores » 25 Sep 2018, 19:03

Image lurve this un !
Bradders was the old inline 4 Daytona i think.






Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 1774
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 22:31
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 25 Sep 2018, 22:25

Stumoores wrote:Image lurve this un !
Bradders was the old inline 4 Daytona i think.






Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is a looker for sure
Imagefancy something like this but less fussed

User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 892
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by Stumoores » 27 Sep 2018, 22:22

Oh yeah that’s shweeet !


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 892
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by Stumoores » 28 Sep 2018, 17:21

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3168238915

I fancy putting this on my push bike


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

User avatar
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 1774
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 22:31
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 28 Sep 2018, 22:51

Stumoores wrote:https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3168238915

I fancy putting this on my push bike


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I seen one of them a while ago when i was looking to convert that CA95
Into a 2WD electric bike.

Makes a lot more sense that little engine whilst batteries are still so expensive.

Not fancy this; Image

User avatar
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Posts: 892
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 21:46
Re: Another impulse buy CX500

Post by Stumoores » 29 Sep 2018, 08:43

It’s a bit of a toy. No pedals and no chance of an mot !
Waste of a good burner too !


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982


Post Reply